About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $35 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Overview of Role:
The Senior Manager Human Resources, SEATW role is both strategic and hands-on role that provides leadership and HR generalist support to the designates businesses in the South East Asia & Taiwan geography. Trusted partner & advisor to designated business leaders you will consult and take action in the areas of organizational design, change leadership, organizational development, career development and employee relations. Will also play key leadership role in identified group level strategic projects that drive organizational talent, engagement & change management initiatives.
What will you do?
- Evaluate and advise leaders on programs or strategies that impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the business.
- Design and execute staffing strategy for hiring needs. Partner with local TA team to ensure the hiring plan is on track.
- Partner with Business leaders to understand the business goals and provide guidance on field activities, shape culture, and drive employee engagement.
- Provide HR support and coaching to managers on HR policies and processes, Talent management, and career development.
- Leverage a data driven approach to drive decision making and organizational effectiveness through talent and organizational capabilities and culture manage and develop scorecards that demonstrate and measure key talent focus areas.
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal investigations, and any resulting disciplinary actions
- Develop and leverage partnerships with divisional HR partners to drive alignment and collaborative strategy.
- Drive stakeholder alignment with the ability to navigate a complex matrixed organization and adapt quickly to changing business needs.
- Coaches senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues including development, engagement, and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Ensures fairness and organizational consistency with our 4-I Values in everything we do.
How will you get here? Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field is required (MBA or Masters preferred)
- Must have 10 or more years of experience in various aspects of Human Resources (organizational development, change management, project management, employee relations and organizational development).
- Exposure to process improvement efforts (i.e. six Sigma, practical process improvement) preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong business and financial acumen used to build business strategy and support organizational decisions.
- Self-motivated; bias for action with an ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced action-oriented environment
- Strong Project Management experience with demonstrated process improvement
- Can effectively secure and leverage resources to get work done through both formal and informal channels
- Solution Orientation proven track record of identifying solutions that drive employee retention, engagement & an optimized workforce
- Strong analysis, problem solving, decision making, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interface with all levels of the organization including employee relations, coaching, communications and presentations, etc.
- Proven experience in proactive leadership and change management.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, multi-task, and follow up on projects and issues
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment.
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and initiatives have contributed to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while enhancing or driving cultural change.