Founded in 1884, The Hong Kong Jockey Club is a world-class racing club that acts continuously for the betterment of our society.
The Club has a unique integrated business model, comprising racing and racecourse entertainment, a membership club, responsible sports wagering and lottery, and charities and community contribution. Through this model, the Club generates economic and social value for the community and supports the Government in combatting illegal gambling. In 2020/21, the Club returned a total of HK$29.4 billion to the community. This included HK$24.9 billion to the Government in duty, profits tax and Lotteries Fund contributions and HK$4.5 billion in approved charity donations.
The Club is Hong Kong's largest single taxpayer and one of the citys major employers. Its Charities Trust is also one of the world's top ten charity donors. The Club is always "riding high together for a better future" with the people of Hong Kong.
The Human Resources Department formulates people strategies to support its business partners to meet their business goals and objectives. The department aims to ensure a fit between the people and the overall strategic direction of the Club.
The job holder reports to Executive Manager, Human Resources (Business Facing) and is the HR business-facing partner for the business division. S/he is responsible for providing strategic HR consulting services as well as leading a full spectrum of HR activities in collaboration with the business, the HR COEs and implements people-related strategies. The job holder supports the business in identifying, rewarding, retaining and developing its best people for the current and future businesses. This includes talent review & profiling, talent gap analysis, talent development and succession planning.
The Division whom the incumbent is responsible for is MSMB Division and Property Department consisting of approximately 1,800 full time employees and over 3,000 part time employees in the centralized pool for the former division and approximately 440 full time employees and over 120 part time employees for HK property with oversight on CRC Mainlands property staffing matters.
People Strategy Plan / Workforce Planning
- Designand deliverStrategic People Plan as aligned with business strategy and adapts HR strategies into actionable initiatives that address business needs; partnerwith the line business to implement the plan;
- Partnerwith MSMB Division and Property Department in IBP, manpower planning for both BAU and SPs, workforce analysis; identifying departmental needs related to human resources; recommends suitable HR solutions;
- Implementbusiness-focused manpower strategies through internal deployment, talent pipeline building and succession planning;
- Workclosely with our business partners to identify opportunities for maximizing staffing and workforce planning to benefit on overall staff cost management.
Strategic Business Partnering
- Leada full spectrum of integrated people management services for such as consultancy advice, employee retention, performance management, exit management, promotion and transfers, rewards decisions, staff communication & engagement, and disciplinary matters, etc. for both full-time and part-time employees to support and facilitate the achievement of business goals and operation needs;
- ExecuteHR policies in alignment with the corporate objectives, corporate governance and departmental KPIs; in understanding and driving all people related strategies / policies and provides first hand advisory to line managers;
- Coachbusiness managers with the appropriate HR knowledge to effectively manage their people such as about people related issues, unions & employee relations, etc.;
- Leveragethe HR Centres of Excellence (CoEs) to meet the people needs in the two business partnering division & department;
- Keepabreast of the external HR market trends and new HR solutions in order to provide the best-in-class solutions.
- Workwith Transformation Communications for overall planning of related strategies to facilitate the transformation journey and to sustain its change momentum;
- Workin partnership with MSMB and Property respective leadership teams, Change Champions on the development and implementation of HR related action items to improve and embrace the people agenda from the Employee Engagement Survey results;
- Embracediversity, treats all people with respect, embraces cross-functional collaboration, creates real accountability through empowerment.
- Talent Management & Succession Planning
- Conductregular talent conversation and updatewith the business leadership team (ED down to Executive level); conductTalent Review including identifying high potentials, talent development & retention recommendations;
- Workin partnership with the businessED and HoDs to identify and review critical positions; buildthe succession plan to fill the talent gaps both for short and long terms;
- Coachthe line in relation to the talent management exercise; workin collaboration with them to build talent pipelines;
- Collaboratewith Talent Management and Talent Acquisition on Management Trainees selection and development to meet the divisional needs and self-groom future leaders;
- ShareMSMB & Property industries specific market intelligence to Talent Acquisition to ensure right direction in sourcing of talents.
- Provideexpert HR, business improvement and organisational effectiveness support and advice to the business leaders from a broad people & capability perspective;
- ApplyHR expertise and shares HR analytics insights to assist the departmental reorganisation and shape the outcomes of both MSMB and Property team structures to ensure putting the right people in the right roles under a fit-for-purpose structure.
- Assistthe line business for organizational bench-strength; workclosely with the line business to identify the departmental capability gaps;
- Coachand workin collaboration with line department in building Functional Capability Framework, as an integral platform for people initiatives;
- Ensureaccurate job role and description review;
- FacilitateE, AE and Staff grade performance calibration to identify the development needs and development planning; ensureeffective PDP mechanism in place.
- Demonstrateexcellence in people & team collaboration, organisation sensitivity and risk management to achieve HRs vision;
- Maintainemployee engagement during change and ensureeffective implementation of HR strategies;
- Identifyissues and assists in monitoring staff sentiment; facilitateresolution of workplace conflicts and fosterhealthy employee relations in collaboration of ER team;
- Actas the second line of defence to monitor and work with Employee Relations Team to mitigate risk related to employee issues;
- ConductTeam Assimilation Workshop for HOD or above; ensureall new recruits to have smooth onboarding and integration to the Club.
- Educatethe line to approach HRSS for general matters and handlefor exception and special cases.
- Supportchange initiatives; anticipatechanges to meet the business needs and their impacts on the organization; recommendHR solutions for the line to adapt the changes;
- Facilitateeffective communication between line management and employees on HR matters.
- Participatein the departmental leadership team meetings and ad-hoc task forces or committees as and when required;
- Undertakeother duties as assigned by EM, HR(BF)
You should have:
- A tertiary qualification ideally in a HR discipline;
- At least 15 years of HR experience working in a sizable or multi-national company, preferably with both full-time and large scale part-time operations
- A track record of successful implementation of HR initiatives at the corporate level;
- A service-oriented mindset with excellent interpersonal skills necessary to deal with people at all levels.
- In-depth knowledge of HR account servicing, functional capabilities, resourcing, compensation & benefit structures, job evaluation, talent review & development, and succession planning;
- Excellent proficiency in written & spoken English, and Chinese. Fluency in Putonghua will be an advantage;
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks;
- Good understanding and skills in handling staff unions
Terms of employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.