When youre part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, youll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
Senior Manager, Human Resources
Reports to: Sr Director, Human Resources
How you'll make an impact:
You will act as HR Business Partner to Senior Leadership Team Members and collaborate with corporate, regional and local HR COEs and Shared Services to support our colleagues across ANZ. You will translate the relevant global and country business strategies into HR strategy and organizational needs to HR solutions and plans. You will drive activities to build organizational capabilities by attracting, engaging, developing and retaining the top talent required for short and long-term business success.
What will you do?
- Develop HR strategy, solutions and strategic workforce plans that align to the business and functional strategy and objectives.
- Build and drive a culture of compliance by ensuring adherence to the companys Code of Conduct policy, business ethics, and employment legislation
- Develop robust talent management plans and drive culture change initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles.
- Coach senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues including development, engagement, and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Build organisational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate senior leadership team (i.e., leadership and team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, people manager capability, etc.)
- Participate and support in shaping the business strategy (STRAP), setting the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), and monitoring performance during business reviews (M/QBR)
- Act as a catalyst for change by leading integration and organizational change initiatives (M&A activity, cultural integration, site restructures, consolidations, functional harmonization, etc)
- Build and maintain strong relationships across the global HR organization including local, regional, global business and corporate and regional HR COEs and Shared Services
- Lead effective deployment of all talent related annual processes across ANZ, including Human Resources Review (HRR), Total Compensation, Employee Involvement Survey (EIS), etc
- Travel requirement primarily within Australia and New Zealand up to 20%
How will you get here?
- Undergraduate degree required; Masters/MBA in related field preferred
- A seasoned HR leader with at least 10 years experience, with the last 5 as a strategic HR business partner to a senior leadership team, preferably in a commercial environment
- Comprehensive HR knowledge and exposure to the mix of HR functions in a global environment, including talent and organizational development, employee and labor relations, compensation, benefits, HRIS, diversity and inclusion, and compliance
- International savvy and experience in highly matrixed, US headquartered, global multinational
- Exposure, knowledge or experience with Process Improvement approaches (Practical Process Improvement, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc);
- Track record in attracting, hiring, engaging and developing great talent and motivates others to do the same.
- Experience leading restructuring and transformation projects and processes in prior role
- Experience in leading teams preferred
- Must be fluent in English; verbal, written and presentation skills
Whats in it for you?
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities as part of a leading global organisation.
- Performance based rewards structure
- Exposure to market leading cutting-edge technologies.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or the development and manufacture of life-changing therapies, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.