Reporting to the China TA Director, the Sr. Manager Talent Acquisition will be responsible for recruiting best in class candidates across multiple levels and business units within the Organization but specializing in senior and complex positions. Will be considered as a trusted advisor, as she/he works closely with Hiring Managers and HR to ensure that the hiring process is consistent with the business goals. The successful candidate should be able to create Talent Pipelines by proactively creating strategic sourcing techniques and able to manage multiple project simultaneously.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the end-to-end recruitment process for hiring candidates into vacancies up to Senior Director-level. This role is aligned to one (or multiple) businesses and provides the strategic direction and Account Management for all things recruitment to the HR and Business Leaders, providing a single point of contact and ownership for recruitment across an entire business(s), as well as providing updates through reporting as necessary; participate on divisional leadership teams as appropriate.
- Develop a detailed understanding and awareness of each business area and its organization in order to improve the quality and alignment of recruitment support with the needs of the area.
- Act as people manager with a matrix team of TA manager/recruiter and recruiting coordinators, and be able to deliver best in class recruitment practices with effective resources to meet business recruitment needs.
- Build strong relationships with the various business and functional clients to ensure the ability to influence, guide and drive the recruiting process.
- Support full-life cycle recruitment needs across multiple levels and business units within the Organization but specializing in senior and complex positions, including direct sourcing techniques, consultative skills, and compensation, ensuring that every stage from the raising of the initial staff requisition to final appointment is carried out in accordance with global operating procedures and adhere to best practice principles.
- Responsible to define and implement a standard and consistent process, define service guidelines and metrics as needed to ensure hiring is consistent with the business goals.
- Develop creative sourcing strategies for hard to fill positions including direct sourcing, internet recruiting, networking, utilization of external research, etc. Proactively create a talent pipeline of candidates.
- Evaluate candidate backgrounds to match core competencies with key hiring requirements and assess motivational fit.
- Effectively integrate diversity into the staffing process to ensure diverse candidate slates.
- Participate in cross functional, global, project teams as necessary to review best practices on the interview process, regulatory compliance, the development of interview guides, etc.
- Lead and support the team members in developing and implementing the staffing process, initiatives, and projects not limited to campus program and employer branding.
- Build up a high performing team, develop, and engage team members capability and professionalism.
Qualifications (Training, Education & Prior Experience):
Education and Training:
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- BS degree in Human Resource, Business, a related discipline, or equivalent experience. Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience, including and 5+ years of recruiting experience
- Fully Bilingual (Chinese + English) required in certain markets.
- High degree of people agility, learning agility, flexible thinking and resilience
- Ability to deal with ambiguity & changing business priorities
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies including direct sourcing, selection techniques and diversity recruiting
- Excellent consultative, strategic thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior leaders
- Direct sourcing and/or recruitment agency experience is strongly preferred
- In depth knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry is desired
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects at a time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must have experience working with Excel, PowerPoint, and social media/networking sites
- Prior experience working with PSFT Recruit or other applicant tracking systems a plus
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Pfizer careers are like no other. In our culture of individual ownership, we believe in our ability to improve future healthcare, and potential to transform millions of lives. Were looking for new talent to join our global community, to unearth new innovative therapies that make the world a healthier place.