How will you make an impact?
The Sr HR Generalist, reporting to the Sr HR Manager, will partner with the business and site leaders across three sites. They support and contribute to HR practices that provide a team-oriented, inspiring culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of an outstanding workforce.
This position plays a key role in providing core, common and consistent HR solutions to the employee population with focus on certain functions within the organization. This position is responsible for leading day-to-day Human Resource functions including recruiting and selection, HR compliance, on-boarding, employee relations, training and development, compensation and performance management.
- Provide HR support and coaching to managers on HR policies and processes, people management, and career development.
- Counsel and/or coach employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal investigations, and any resulting disciplinary actions.
- Support business strategy to build organizational capability by attracting, developing and retaining top talent for professional, production and support level positions.
- Provides HR solutions support, process knowledge advice and consultation to employees.
- Assisting managers and employees with understanding and applying Human Resources policies, processes and procedures to improve organizational performance.
- Implement HR projects as directed by HR leadership by assisting with the development, deployment, and maintenance of Human Resource/Corporate programs and initiatives.
- Supports organizational change related to the implementation of organizational efficiency solutions.
- Facilitates client compliance with HR policy and coaches clients on Thermo Fisher Scientific values and behaviors as the need arises.
- Mentor managers on effective use of HR systems (e.g. Workday) for reporting and data insight capabilities.
- Operate in the broader regional HR team to drive HR projects and initiatives.
How will you get here?
- BA/BS in Business Management, Human Resources, or a related field (or equivalent combination of experience & education)
- 3+ year of HR Generalist experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Analysis, problem solving, decision making, negotiating and influencing skills.
- Experience in a variety of work settings including manufacturing and warehouse
- An individual who is highly proactive, analytical and can handle multiple priorities
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with all levels of the organization including employee relations, coaching, etc.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, work independently, and follow up on projects and issues
- Must possess moderate computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and email
- Available for travel 10-15%.