Posting Date: Apr 7, 2022
Primary Location: Japan
About the Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firms employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley seeks individuals from different backgrounds and experiences as we strongly believe diversity is an opportunity for leading with exceptional ideas. Across all roles, we seek candidates who value honesty, character and diversity to foster an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging, and can partner with colleagues to deliver the best of the Firm to our clients. Professional development is supported through open and honest 360 feedback, career conversations, training opportunities, and mentoring / coaching.
Seeking a seasoned HR professional who will serve as a trusted partner providing strategic advice on key people initiatives and HR priorities with business leaders across a variety of departments. Has the ability to influence and execute on long term HR solutions and outcomes in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous environment.
He/she must be able to operate effectively across the full range of HR disciplines and work with managers and colleagues at all levels across the business. This role offers the right candidate an excellent opportunity to work in partnership with the business on a range of strategic initiatives.
Actively work with business leaders, employees, and global and regional HR colleagues to support the day-to-day needs of the client groups in recruiting, employee relations, talent management and reward/compensation.
- Serve as trusted advisor with key internal clients and HR colleagues by providing valuable HR advices/insights backed by data analysis, market intelligence, strategic thinking, understanding of the regulatory climate with excellent communication skills.
- Work proactively with the business and Talent Acquisition team in HR on creating hiring plans and reinforcing creative solutions around talent acquisition
- Partner with the business to understand resource requirements and assist with headcount planning and reports
- Understand and apply applicable policies and approvals processes
- Actively market Morgan Stanley value proposition to prospective candidates
- Conduct on-boarding and exit processes
Risk Management/Employee Relations
- Work with the business, employment counsel, Employee Relations team in HR, legal, and compliance (as appropriate) to interpret and apply Morgan Stanley policies and procedures
- Advise and coach managers across a wide range of employee relations issues taking into account best practice, legislative framework and commercial outcome
- Influence managers and work with them to deal effectively and appropriately with the management of a range of performance issues
Talent Management/Diversity and Inclusion
- Monitor the evaluation process to ensure timely and effective communication
- Support managers who have specific performance issues they wish to address through the evaluation process
- Administer and manage performance ranking discussions/process and promotion processes
- Within the context of business priorities, work proactively with managers to identify and develop top talent and successors to critical roles
- Drive and reinforce the Firm and BU D&I agenda
Reward and Compensation
- Partner with managers, data team and HR counterparts in other locations to manage the annual Year End compensation processes
- Advise managers to ensure pay for performance, parity of awards, robust assessment of promotion candidates, necessary documentation etc.
- Stay abreast of market developments to ensure ability to proactively provide business with valuable market insight
- Own completion of monthly audits, in order to ensure accurate and reliable data, giving guidance as necessary
Skills and Qualifications Required
- University degree and 8+ years of Human Resources generalist experience
- Strong client focus with outstanding judgment, analytical skills, critical thinking, influencing skills, and verbal and written skills
- Culture carrier of Morgan Stanley culture conduct and value
- Build strong relationships with colleagues locally, regionally and globally both within and outside of HR, sharing ideas and information; able to navigate the organization effectively
- Liaise with regional and global counterparts to support the business
- Able to deal with the uncertainties of an evolving, dynamic organization
- Engage in reasoned dialogue on a variety of issues, to be flexible, and affect change
- A self-starter with strong project management skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high change environment
- Strong attention to detail with excellent prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills. English fluent (Japanese skills not required but nice to have)
- Willingness to adopt and enjoy Asian culture
Equal Opportunity Statement
At Morgan Stanley, diversity is an opportunityfor clients, employees and firm. By valuing diverse perspectives, we can better serve our clients, while we help employees achieve their professional objectives. A corporate culture that is open and inclusive is fundamental to our role as a global leader constantly striving for excellence in all that we do." James P. Gorman
P2: It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.