Founded in 1884, The Hong Kong Jockey Club is a world-class racing club that acts continuously for the betterment of our society.
The Club has a unique integrated business model, comprising racing and racecourse entertainment, a membership club, responsible sports wagering and lottery, and charities and community contribution. Through this model, the Club generates economic and social value for the community and supports the Government in combatting illegal gambling. In 2020/21, the Club returned a total of HK$29.4 billion to the community. This included HK$24.9 billion to the Government in duty, profits tax and Lotteries Fund contributions and HK$4.5 billion in approved charity donations.
The Club is Hong Kong's largest single taxpayer and one of the citys major employers. Its Charities Trust is also one of the world's top ten charity donors. The Club is always "riding high together for a better future" with the people of Hong Kong.
The job holder reports to EM, Organisational Design and Analytics with a focus on workforce analytics and insight and the support of organisational and strategic workforce planning goals. He/she maintains relationships across the HR senior leadership team, greater HR community, and people leaders organisation-wide with respect to HR data and analysis.
He/She will be able to authoritatively explain data findings to key stakeholders and translate insights and recommendations into the language of the business. He/She regularly counsels and coaches the fellow HR team members on how to create actionable insights that link talent and business outcomes.
- Support the creation and execution of the HR analytics vision and strategy, enabling solutions that cut across the entire employee lifecycle, in alignment with HR and Clubwide priorities and key stakeholder requirements
- Support HR analytics governance, ensuring all projects are prioritized by business value and aligned with analytics projects in theClub
- Provide input to HR analytics technology vision, strategy and approach for scalable, efficient and (where possible) automated processes that enable both simple and complex data analysis
- Maintain operational excellence within the team to ensure high quality methods to gather and manage large datasets from multiple sources, transforming or cleaning data as necessary
- Lead the development and implementation of data analyses, visualizations, and analytics to provide people trends and insights. E.g. Predictive Analytics / Relationship Analytics / Cross Divisional Analytics / etc
- Enable the HRBF team and people leader population to become data-savvy
- Co-create and support implementation of common methodologies and tools for project management, data governance, modeling, and hypothesis testing that is scientifically rigorous
- Assist in ad hoc projects as needed.
You should have:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Finance, HR or similar quantitative discipline
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience in sizable companies
- Possess good business acumen, and keenness to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- Be highly analytical, meticulous and results oriented
- Be an expert user in MS Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Macros
- Have polished communication skills in English and Chinese, and tact in building rapport with diverse stakeholders
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tools an advantage
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as HR Analytics Specialist
Terms of employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.