Mdecins Sans Frontires (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides impartial medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries. We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSFs common mission.
For details about MSF, please visit the website http://www.msf.hk
- Plan, organize and manage the pool of MSF-HK internationally mobile staff (GAS and FM) in supplying qualified and experienced HR to MSF field projects in a timely and efficient manner as per set targets
- Manage the pool of GAS and FM of MSF Hong Kongs internationally mobile staff.
- Plan & execute attraction and lobbying activities with relevant organizations in the MSF HK region including analyzing the labor markets, establishing links and engaging key actors.
- Carry out recruitment and selection activities in the Greater China and Southeast Asia regions in partnership with the regional recruiter.
- Secure mission placements for MSF Hong Kong internationally mobile staff in a timely fashion in coordination with the 5 operational centers.
- Extend career guidance support to internationally mobile staff which includes identifying and securing suitable trainings, responding to career-related queries and advising on career paths possible for the internationally mobile staff based on evaluation results and field experience.
- Contribute to the strategic development and retention of GAS pool and FM in the region (setting and meeting targets)
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and execute strategies to attract potential candidates with required profiles according to MSF criteria.
- Establish, lobby and maintain contacts with medical and non-medical associations and universities to promote MSF, for the Greater China and Southeast Asia region.
- Support the Regional Recruiter duringthe recruitment process (screening CVs, short listing potential candidates, participating in the assessment center activities).
- Plan and organize recruitment campaigns for specific profiles.
- Review and improve selection activities, processes and procedures.
- Facilitate MSF training courses for selected internationally mobile staff and keep them informed about available trainings and retention schemes.
- Implement strategies and policies to promote retention.
- Set annual placement targets in collaboration with HR Director and ensure maximum number of placements as set in pre-defined targets whilst retaining professionalism and quality.
- Communicate regularly with pool managers of Operational Centers on operational needs and coordinate with OCB (and if required with the other OCs) in the annual matrix of operational needs.
- Promotion of available internationally mobile staff to counter parts in Operational Center Brussels (OCB) and other OCs and participate in the decision making of field placements for internationally mobile staff offered to all OCs.
- Manage internationally mobile staff database in liaison with FHR Administration Officer while observing privacy and confidentiality requirements.
- Maintain regular contact with internationally mobile staff before, during and after missions and supply them with adequate support and advice.
- Organize briefings and de-briefings in liaison with FHR Administration team.
- Manage the career planning of each internationally mobile staff, including identifying training needs and suitable field assignments for career growth.
- Facilitate interactions within other IMS in the region and/or within the MSF HK and Family offices to ensure continued connection with MSF office by organizing activities, such as experience sharing, introduction to other IMS staff with similar profiles etc.
- Ensuring connection with stakeholders for the relevant profiles managed by contacting relevant professional bodies, media, medical and non-medical institutions and universities.
- Back up for other FHR team members during their absence.
- Participate in the Crisis Management Team in the event of a crisis which involves a MSF-HK internationally mobile staff, if and when requested.
The Ideal Candidate
- Professional Degree (preferably in HR related field)
- MSF field experience (minimum 2 missions).
- Proficient in the use of English (required) and any other language from the region (Mandarin/ Indonesian/ Philippines/ Malay/ Myanmar).
- Familiar with Greater China and Southeast Asia region.
- Previous experience in recruitment and people management (minimum 2 years).
- Cross cultural awareness.
- Planning & organizing skills.
- Commitment to MSF principles.
- Good communication skills (including public speaking).
- Networking & building relationships skills.
- Service orientation.
- Behavioral flexibility and able to manage stress.
- Able to perform in team and individual settings.
- Results & quality driven.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Willing to undertake frequent travel and to work outside a 9-6 schedule.
- Project management experience.
- Professional qualification in any field (optional).
How to apply?
Interested parties, please send your letter of motivation and full resume (both in English) with expected salary and date of earliest availability by clicking "Apply Now" button. Applicants not invited for interview within 8 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All information collected is solely for recruitment purpose and will be treated in strict confidence.Please readthe Personal Information Collection Statementbefore providing any personal data to Medecins San Frontieres (HK) Limited.