ZALORA Malaysia is looking for a driven, enterprising and bright People Services Senior Executive to play a pivotal role in our HR team. This role reports to the People Services Manager. The Senior Executive, People Services contributes to company performance by providing tactical advice and execution on People and organizational development strategies to support ZALORAs business objectives, including implementing employee programs, recommending improvements on People & Culture related practices, making sure that all employee-related policies in each department align with our business goals while creating an engaged and productive workplace.
- Partner with People Services Manager, management, and key stakeholders to align HR practices to business strategy.
- Bridge gaps in manager and employee relations by addressing disciplinary issues and grievances
- Support the People Services Manager in collaborating with the People Centres of Expertise and Culture & Organizational Effectiveness teams on projects and initiatives for the company.
- Support implementation of people strategies, systems, and procedures across the Malaysia entity
- Assist the manager in monitoring daily HR operations,across all parts of employee lifecycle, including visa related matters and benefits management
- Provide execution-level support to the HR Manager in the performance review process
- Be first level payroll checker and guide the junior team members for payroll processes and relevant compliances & regulations
- Support the roll out of local employee engagement activities with the committees/align with regional initiatives
- Proactively conduct research on changes in government regulations and inform HR Manager while supporting him / her in ensuring compliance with Malaysia local employment laws and regulations by reviewing policies and practices
- Stay abreast on trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Participate in other projects / initiatives as assigned
- At least 2-3 years experience in a HR generalist role position.
- Exposure and working knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Experience in payroll management
- Experience in expat management including visa & tax matters
- Excellent active listening, analytical and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills
The ZALORA Story
ZALORA is Asias leading online fashion, beauty and lifestyle destination, part of Global Fashion Group. As one of the regions pioneer large scale ecommerce platforms, ZALORA has established a strong presence throughout the region, particularly in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Brunei, the Philippines, Hong Kong, and in Taiwan, enjoying over 50 million visits per month.
ZALORA is not obligated to accept resumes from any third parties on behalf of potential candidates for any position (advertised or otherwise) by any means, unless ZALORA has executed a written agreement with such third party and has expressly requested such third party for candidate referrals. Third parties who provide unsolicited resumes of candidate(s) shall waive and forfeit all rights to claim for any placement fees or referral fees in the event that such candidate is eventually engaged or employed by ZALORA or Global Fashion Group.