The Senior Associate of C&B works with Senior Manager of C&B at HR Department. This position will support the team to deliver payroll and IIT services for NYU Shanghai faculty and staff concisely and timely. S/he will also participate in payroll integration projects to improve the payroll structure and efficiency according to the new IIT regulations. This role will serve as an IIT expert to support the soft landing of expat taxable benefits change at NYU Shanghai and the potential IIT refund/subsidy program.
The main responsibilities include:
IIT Services (50%)
- Work with external payroll vendor to complete monthly IIT filing for NYU Shanghai employees;
- Provide consultation for new employees re. tax residency status and PRC IIT Policy;
- Provide IIT related services for employees, including annual tax reconciliation, itemized deduction explanation, and tax receipt printing guide;
- Work with external tax vendor to complete the tax consultation service for new faculty re. tax exemption in PRC;
- Manage the tax filing for faculty whore eligible for tax exemption in PRC and make sure the tax filing process is in compliance;
- Track the expiry date of the tax exemption and provide further consultation for tax exemption extension; Record the final tax exemption period in Workday;
- Conduct an IIT refund/subsidy program for eligible employees;
- Keep in contact with the tax vendor to update the tax regulations.
Payroll Operations (30%)
- Work with external payroll vendor to maintain employee social security and housing provident fund;
- Assist to file monthly earnings and deductions through Workday System;
- Work with external insurance vendors to collect and process monthly health insurance premiums;
- Collect monthly cooperative housing bills and process them in payroll;
- Manage monthly enrollment/withdrawal of Retirement Plan.
C&B Project and Others (20%)
- Participate in Payroll Integration Project with Workday;
- Participate in other C&B projects and other tasks assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in HR, Finance/Accounting, or a related field.
- 1 3 years of HR Payroll or IIT consultation experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent knowledge of PRC IIT regulations;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and mandarin;
- Advanced-level skills with Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Familiarity with PRC Labor Law;
- Experience with the Workday System a plus;
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and customer service skills.
About NYU Shanghai
NYU Shanghai is Chinas first Sino-US research university and the third degree-granting campus of the NYU Global Network. We were founded in 2012 by New York University and East China Normal University with the support of the city of Shanghai and the district of Pudong. NYU Shanghai seeks to cultivate globally-minded graduates through innovative teaching, world-class research, and a commitment to public service.
NYU Shanghai is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. We are proud of its diverse and talented staff members, who work together to build and sustain this unique and pioneering institution of higher education in China.
To know more about working at NYU Shanghai, please click here to view our Staff page for more details. Thank you!