Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm practices disciplined entrepreneurship while building on a long tradition of serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership.
The AEJ Learning & Development team is responsible for all aspects of learning & development including business specific programs for Banking & Markets (Wholesale) as well as Corporate divisions. Working within Asia ex-Japan (AEJ).This role reports into the Regional Head of Learning & Development for AEJ.
This role is a rare opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to partner with senior leaders from across the firm. A motivated, creative and highly effective operator will succeed in this position, one that offers a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced industry and the opportunity to be part of a passionate and sharp global team to make a widespread impact on the people in a leading global investment bank.
- Program manage all aspects of businessspecific training programs for Wholesale and Corporate businesses
- Through current and future needs analysis, build a solid understand of the development needs across all levels
- Design, develop and manage targeted development programs across AEJ
- Facilitate soft skills programs as a part of the core curriculum offerings
- Connect with global counter-parts to align programs globally, where possible
- Source and manage vendors
- Manage program administration through the team
- Manage and track budget / expenses for the function regionally
- Represent the firm at interbank and cross-industry events
Mandatory Role Requirements
- Ability to build relationships across all levels of the organization, both with the business and HR Advisors
- Effective communication and presentation skills and an ability to influence upwards and across diverse stakeholder groups
- High degree of inter-cultural awareness and agility
- Experience managing vendors
- Strong skills in program design, development, delivery and facilitation
- High degree of familiarity with diversity and inclusion concepts, issues, programs
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize
- Good team player
- Must be a leader/doer i.e. be able to flex from strategic to tactical
Preferred Role Requirements
- Cantonese / Mandarin language skills
- Experience creating and delivering training programs
- Solid understanding of the investment banking industry
- Financial services experience, ideally having run Banking and Markets L&D initiatives
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.