Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visas innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the worlds major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies. Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.Job Description
To oversee the payroll functions for APAC countries and work closely with Controller and HR Team to ensure compliance, integrity, accuracy is maintained at all times.
Leadership and coaching for the payroll processing team. Successful leadership ensure ensuring team members fully execute the following task promptly with no errors.
- Review on accuracy of time-sheet (properly signed off by employees and line manager) through mailboxes and ADP e-time systems.
- Quick follow through on missing time-sheet in resolving all dispute items with time-keeping team.
- Administer payroll calendars and communication to employees, HR and Controller ship team.
- Administrating team annual leave and sick leave and benefits.
- Ensure reconciliation for all APAC countries on a bi-weekly and monthly basis.
- To ensure answering queries from the HR mailbox and closing HR tickets within stipulated timeline.
- Main focal point for all payroll service providers and work closely with Director in region and Head of Global Payroll.
- Ensure the team meet payroll and government agency timelines.,
- Annual preparation of audit (internal, external, SOX) on all payroll and related matter.
- To assist in the preparation of audit schedules for payroll.
- Coordinate and gather monthly payroll information from HR Operations team and other HR functional groups (Benefits, Stock, HR Business Partners, etc).
- Updating payroll input in excel template from various source (workday report, Global HR shared folder (excel files), email, manual hard copy forms)
- Disburse monthly payroll information to various global payroll providers using ADP Streamline tool or other secure methods
- Preparing net pay and statutory payment reconciliation with bank transfer.
- Collating compensation details for expat and permanent/domestic transfer employees.
- Processing equity /stock compensation for taxation, handling ESPP new enrollment, changes & monthly contribution validation and submission to US stock team.
- Coordinating with PWC for employee tax clearance as per respective country tax regulation
- Timely attending and closing payroll ticket raised by employees in query management tool.
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and adhere to internal audit guidelines.
- Validate monthly payroll return files to ensure changes are captured.
- Communicate clearly with the payroll providers to resolve issues.
- Ensure taxes, social security, pension and other third party payments are processed and paid on time
- Ensure payrolls are processed in timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Ensure GL reports and related payroll files are sent to Corporate Financial team on time.
- Liaise with Corporate Financial team to ensure reconciliation is accurate and clear outstanding items when necessary.
- Respond to information requests in timely manner.
- Work cross-functionally and geographically with other HR functions and specialists.
- High attention to detail is a must .
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Multicultural sensitivity and interpersonal relationship management skills are essential including the ability work effectively as part of a global team.
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a changing environment with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced, hands-on, growth oriented work environment Must be flexible with work schedules
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in end to end payroll operation/administration in APAC and CEMEA region with a Degree in Human Resource or Finance.
- Meticulous with strong analytical, organization and planning skills.
- Strong knowledge of payroll best practices, government and tax regulation.
- Proficiency in Workday and ADP will be an added advantages.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.