As a Team Manager of EDM (Employee Data Management), you will be responsible in leading a team of operation specialists for the execution of HR processes and transactions according to documented procedures within OHR Shared Services, to fulfil internal and external service commitments.
You will also oversee the daily workload and ensure that the day-to-day HR transactions, primarily on data updates in HR systems and p-file e-documentation, are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
You will be assigned to champion or co-lead both external and internal projects, including data migration and setting up of CHRS (Cloud HR System), striving towards operational and service excellence.
Duties & Responsibilities
HR Process Execution
- Use HR tools and systems appropriately to complete assigned work and ensure HR systems, are maintained accurately based on agreed procedures and team standards
- Ensure data integrity when meeting deadlines and timely delivery of services
- Work with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure completion of HR processes or redirect/escalate to the relevant parties/authorities for follow-up/decisions
- Often the 'Expert' in assigned areas of service delivery work.
- Be a valuable partner to management, colleagues and staff by providing accurate and expert advice for own area of work
- Collaborate with business partners, centres of excellence and other departments (eg. payroll, legal, IT, vendors, etc) to ensure the completion/delivery of HR processes HR Process Improvement & Innovation
- Proactively identify ways to enhance work processes for improved performance either through self-discovery or seeking feedback from stakeholders
- Recommend process changes, participate and support improvement projects from time to time
- Generate improvement ideas and translate them into plans and actions.
Coaching, Supervision and Project Responsibilities
- Supervise and coach team members on daily operational tasks to ensure smooth operation of services delivered
- Make decisions within area of responsibilities
- Able to multitask and manage the workload during peak periods and plan for appropriate backup resources for Shared Services team
- Lead and drive projects within OHR Shared Service, primarily on system enhancement/migration in the light of continuous process/service improvement. Work with the respective process owners to identify the project scope, own the project plan, co-ordinate with IT on testing, training and communication to impacted Shared Service teams.
- Diploma holder or Bachelor Degree
- More than 8 years of HR experience including 2 years of supervisory roles preferred but not necessary
- Strong people management skills
- Positive work attitude and a keen learner with a can-do mind set
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to make presentations to stakeholders
- Proficient with information technology, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and database management tools.