[Candidates requiring work pass application need not apply]
The HR manager administers the operations of the Human Resources Department and coordinates functions related to The Salvation Army human resources programs, procedures, policies, employee benefits, and labour agreements.
At all times, the Manager has to co-support the director to ensure our human resources management systems are in line with The Salvation Army policies, vision, mission, and statutory requirements of respective countries.
1. Handle full spectrum of HR functions including payroll
2. Work with Territorial Headquarters HR team in deploying and implementing HR policies, including customization.
3. Be a thought partner to the management team and lead the HR team towards providing comprehensive HR service & initiatives
4. Leverage on suitable government workforce initiatives and grants to support organizational growth
5. Develop and implement the training plan
6. Handle employees relations matters including disciplinary issues, grievances, absenteeism, and other employee disputes
7. Support employees wellness programme
8. Oversee all Compensation and Benefits including researching to establish salary benchmarking and to ensure alignment to market and company budgets
9. Oversee all other HR administrative work including compensation & benefits administration, work injury compensation & training administration
10. Prepare statistics, financial returns, information, surveys, and report
11. Plan and facilitate performance appraisal exercise and develop job evaluation
12. Ensure compliance with Singapore employment laws and regulations
1. Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Studies/ Administration/ Management or equivalent.
2. Candidate must possess at least 10 years of similar working experience in a mid to large-size organization with a fast-paced environment.
3. Strong leadership skills
4. Good interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills
5. Able to handle pressure and handle multiple tasks.
The total working hours is 44 hours per week
Under normal circumstances the hours of duty will be as follows:
8.30 am to 5.00 pm (Monday Friday, 1-hour break inclusive)
The Salvation Army, Singapore District Office
20 Bishan Street 22, Singapore, 579768
The Salvation Army has been touching lives in Singapore since 1935 and we remain committed in serving the underprivileged in the community without discrimination. To us, every life is precious and we actively help those in need regardless of age, race or religion.
Throughout the years, we have established a comprehensive network of social services to meet a wide range of needs in our community. Our diverse programmes reach out to children who need care and protection, families in material need, ailing aged requiring quality nursing care and other needy segments in our society.
Our spiritual ministry also reaches out to the people in the community to provide counsel to those in need. We are there to help guide those in need towards finding their identity and purpose in life.
The Salvation Army, Singapore - Home: Singapore