- Reporting to the Director, HRSS Asia. Manages day-to-day local HR operations and acts as the key HR contact points for various HR matters in Malaysia.
- He/She ensures that HR services are delivered timely and effectively and HR internal controls are adequately implemented to satisfy local statutory and regulatory requirements, whereas local HR practices comply with relevant Global US & Regional policies.
- The role advises Regional Office (RO) on the latest employment trend in Malaysia and research into the latest local HR practices for the RO to make correct and proper decisions. He/She takes HR strategic directions (e.g. diversity & inclusion, customer Centricity, country surveys, year-end exercises) from the RO from time to time on various HR initiatives, including without limitation staffing, compensation and performance management, vendor management, employee realtions, and ad hoc projects.
- Develop a close working relationship with MSPL associates. Understand business needs from HRBPs perspective, review people- and employment- related issues, and provide the most optimal HR advice in the context of local governance. Resolve staff issues tactfully, assist in reviewing local recruitment cases, and seek proper advice from relevant HR specialists (e.g. HR Policy, C&B) if needed.
- Propose and document key HR processes to align closely with Regional standards in key areas (e.g. pre-employment vetting, business contimuity planning, payroll administration, visa staff management, statutory return filing, etc). Ensure that all HR operations are fully compliant with the minimum legal and regulatory requirements without compromising MetLifes Global and Asia Standards. Report significant management, business, or audit issues affecting HR.
- Manage local HR policies and develop appropriate HR procedures and practices in the context of Malaysia with specific focus on the local operating environment.
- Implement various HR in initiatives under the guidance or RO. Communicate effectively with stakeholders of RO and local business functions.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Minimum 5 years of HR experience, preferably in the Insurance industry.
- All-round HR generalist with exposure to various HR functions and hand-onexperience in dealing with staff issues, tax filing, payroll and HR Ops.
- Familiar with local employment law, relevant regulations, and the scope of their applications.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills must be able to communicate effectively both internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills need to have good relationship management with all levels of management.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Full-scope HR responsibilities with regular guidance from the RO
- Independent decision-making for day-to-day HR operations, with strategic guidance from Director, HRSS Asia
- Strategic decisions must be made in consultation with the RO
The most difficult aspects of the job are contemplated as follows:
- Monitor outsourcing activities in payroll process and employment visa arrangements.
- Deliver HR services timely and accurately.
- Keep abreast of the latest employment trend and labor-realted laws.
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the worlds leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with more than $500 billion in managed assets as of December 31, 2016. We are ranked #42 on the Fortune 500 list for 2017. In 2017, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the second year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies.
Our goal in everything we do is to offer customers truly differentiated value propositions that allow us to establish clear competitive advantages. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to our customers as they navigate lifes twists and turns. Visit us at www.metlife.com to learn more about our brand, history, and values.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.