Coordinate and manage the implementation of hotel training in line with DoubleTree and Hotel Policy and Procedure. Develop and maintain training resources and implement systems that promote growth and development and ensure we deliver the promise to all stake holders. Assist the Director of HR in creating an effective and efficient operation of Training Department.
What will I be doing?
- Update training notice board with all information on what is happening in and outside hotel and training information.
- Organize reward and certification programs.
- Keep records of each individual TM on every training he/she attended of the hotel./
- Organize in coordination with Director of HR and Department Heads approved cross-training.
- Coordinate departmental cross-training.
- Facilitate total quality management.
- Manage training and development.
- Develop strategies which address hotel guidelines and Human Resources policies on training and development.
- Develop plans to conduct needs analyses and in-house training on a regular basis.
- Design and maintain hotel training records or legislative on a regular basis.
- Develop tools and systems to ensure training and development programs meet the hotels objectives.
- Ensure that training and development are integrated into business plans and budgets, and targeted goals are identified and monitored.
- Take part in the preparation and planning of Training Department goals and objectives.
- Monitor the implementation of quality management systems.
- Assist with the management of department cost control.
- Prepare and manage Training Department budgets.
- Monitor, analyze and report variations from the budget.
- Coordinate work operations within the department.
- Develop performance standards for operations in the Training Department.
- Assess work operations and prepare plans to implement change when required.
- Facilitate multiskilling.
- Manage TMs training and development using the Hilton and Human Resources Management System.
- Manage the planning and delivery of orientation programs.
- Implement TMs performance appraisals.
- Provide ongoing advice and support to team members under your supervision.
- Implement appropriate management practices that provide team members motivation and communication.
- Set team goals in consultation with team members according to hotel/department goal, policies and practices.
- Maintain personal presentation to hotel and Hilton standards.
- Ensure all reporting and servicing deadlines are met in a timely basis.
- Manage the completion of monthly and ongoing training reports.
- Provide information as required regarding training records and attendance.
- Assist all departmental trainers if necessary with their training.
- Deal effectively with guests and workplace colleagues from a variety of cultures.
- Be aware of duty of care, and adhere to occupational health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Adhere to the hotels security and emergency policies and procedures.
- Be familiar with property safety, current first aid and fire emergency procedures.
- To ensure that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotels Team member Rules and Regulations.
- The management reserves the right to change / extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her / his employment.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
- Competent in use of Word, Excel and Power point.
- Strong sense of responsibility and self motivation.
- Able to work with all levels of team members.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Good skill of organization.
- High proficiency in English.
- Excellent written and spoken translation skills.
- University and above.
- Minimum English Test Level 4.
- Minimum 5 years related working experience in hotel industry.
- Minimum 3 years relevant training experience.
- Possess initiative and willing to take on extra responsibilities when required.
- Working Experience in DT by Hilton.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!