Founded in 1884, The Hong Kong Jockey Club is a world-class racing club that acts continuously for the betterment of our society.
The Club has a unique integrated business model, comprising racing and racecourse entertainment, a membership club, responsible sports wagering and lottery, and charities and community contribution. Through this model, the Club generates economic and social value for the community and supports the Government in combatting illegal gambling. In 2020/21, the Club returned a total of HK$29.4 billion to the community. This included HK$24.9 billion to the Government in duty, profits tax and Lotteries Fund contributions and HK$4.5 billion in approved charity donations.
The Club is Hong Kong's largest single taxpayer and one of the citys major employers. Its Charities Trust is also one of the world's top ten charity donors. The Club is always "riding high together for a better future" with the people of Hong Kong.
The Human Resources Department formulates people strategies to support its business partners to meet their business goals and objectives. The department aims to ensure a fit between the people and the overall strategic direction of the Club.
The job-holder will dual report to Executive Manager, Human Resources (Business Facing) (EMHR (BF)) and Executive Manager, Human Resources (Employee Relations & Business Facing ) (EM, HR (ER&BF)). S/he is the HR Business Facing Partner for the Racing Division. S/he is responsible for providing proactive HR consulting and support services as well as managing a full spectrum of HR activities in the business Division. This includes identifying the divisional needs related to human resources, establishing and implementing appropriate people-related plan and strategies that fulfil the business strategies and support full-time and part-time employees as well as secondees. On top of these areas, s/he is also required to support the dual site operation which include closely liaison with Conghua Racecourse HR and concerned BUs.
- Develops and implements integrated people management solution for both full-time and part-time employees which fulfils the business goals and operation needs;
- Executes HR policies in alignment with the corporate objectives, corporate governance and departmental KPIs;
- Adopts best practices in HR operations for process improvement as well as assists in the development of procedures to accord with new legislation affecting human resources practices.
- Support to develop Racing divisional People Strategy Plans that outline the annual HR focus areas for achieving near and longer term business objectives;
- Partners with the line in IBP, manpower planning for both BAU and SPs, workforce analysis, talent acquisition and critical-position identification.
- Partners with the line to drive manpower planning for dual site operations especially the 10-year manpower planning for the Stables Refurbishment Project. Partner with line to review / drive manpower planning for the International and Racing Regulation Department and also PMO, Racing Department
- Implement a balanced hire & groom strategy to meet the needs of Racing division such via internal deployment and recruitment, effective staff retention, leadership & talent pipeline building and succession planning. Critically review the proposed package to ensure internal equity
Talent Management / Critical Positions / Succession Plan
- Supports the line in growing their young talent pipeline via the corporate MT programme and divisional graduate recruitment;
- Support Club-wide talent review and succession planning and work in partnership with the Racing Divisional Head and Talent Development Team in the initiatives;
- Leverage the HR Centres of Excellence (CoEs) to meet the people needs in the Racing division.
- Provide coaching (as needed) on people related issues, employment-related matters, staff cases & separations, etc., so as to ensure their understanding of common principles in workforce management; labour legislation and employment related regulatory requirements;
- Mentor and develop team members to build healthy succession tier and capabilities.
- Work closely with business line to devise HR action items from the cultural transformation workshop to facilitate the transformation journey and to sustain its change momentum;
- Adhere to performance standards and develop a culture of quality and service excellence; motivate team members to provide high service standards.
- Provide insights about the external people landscape, pulse-check on staff sentiment;
- Act as the second line of defence to monitor and work with Employee Relations Team to mitigate risk related to employee issues.
- Support Stables Refurbishment project and enable manpower needs are met efficiently and effectively in different phrases;
- Undertake other duties as assigned by EM, HR (BF) and EM, HR (ER&BF).
You should have:
- a tertiary qualification ideally in a HR discipline;
- at least 10 years of HR experience working in a sizable or multi-national company;
- a track record of successful implementation of HR initiatives at the corporate level;
- a service-oriented mindset with excellent interpersonal skills necessary to deal with people at all levels.
- In-depth knowledge of HR account servicing, functional capabilities, resourcing, compensation & benefit structures, job evaluation, talent review & development, and succession planning;
- Excellent proficiency in written & spoken English, and Chinese. Fluency in Putonghua will be an advantage;
- Ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
Terms of employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.