Go City is transforming the way people see and experience the worlds greatest destinations. We give our customers total flexibility to choose the experiences, tours and activities they want to visit at incredible savings.
For over 20 years, the Leisure Pass Group has shaped the future of the multi-attraction pass industry by enabling online pre-purchase of attractions, tours, and activities. In 2017, Europes Leisure Pass Group, USAs Smart Destinations, and New York Pass came together to form the Go City brand, giving us greater reach and ambition as we expand across the globe. Backed by highly successful Private Equity firm Exponent and headquartered in Soho, London with a team of over 125 the business is highly profitable with over 3 million customers globally. We have ambitious plans to leverage these capabilities to drive the business continued growth. With a heavy investment in the technology and multiple other teams this year Go City are excited for like-minded, problem solving individuals to join their transformation and make their mark on our future.
We listen to our customers, our partners and our team, to help improve our business every day. And thats where you come in! For more information and a sneak at our product take a look at www.gocity.com
About the role
Human Resources Manager
Part-time 3 days per week
Reports to the SVP People
Summary of the role but also what our team are up to:
The nature of this role is to deliver a proactive and flexible HR service by providing relevant and appropriate HR management support to all colleagues, whilst driving best practice and ensuring compliance with all company procedures, documented policies and employment legislation in the Singapore region primarily.
What will we expect from you?
- To act as a first point of contact for all HR and people team queries relating to Singapore; responding within a timely manner
- Supporting the People Business Partner to coach and advise on local people issues; ensuring all matters are handled fairly and consistently in line with legal and company requirements. Take ownership of decision making and work autonomously in Singapore in line with best practice.
- Creating and issuing on brand employee correspondence and communications as appropriate
- Support the design and implementation of new policies and procedures; contributing to the continuous improvement of People Team systems and practices globally at Go City
- Coordination and maintenance and monitoring of various MOM matters such as employment passes, tax clearance, leave reimbursement, inquiries, and quarterly surveys
- Processing new starters/leavers documentation, preparing contracts, offer letters etc.
- Administering of payroll with third party payroll provider e g: salary adjustments, maternity pay, address changes etc.
- Leading recruitment campaigns including placing adverts, liaising with recruitment agencies and other external stakeholders
- Design and implement a PSL for recruitment in Singapore. Conduct interviews with recruitment agencies and direct applicants remaining ever mindful of the employer brand at Go City and ensuring that every applicant has the ability to become a customer
- Management of new starter induction and ongoing employee training
- Responsible for ensuring all appropriate employment checks are carried out including appropriate reference checks for new starters
- Liaison with our Workspace provider to ensure colleagues have the appropriate facilities.
- We support a culture where Health and Safety, Wellbeing and Personal Data at work are important. We are all adults, which means we expect the same in return. Each of us plays our part looking out for ourselves, each other, our Partners and our customers every day. Commitment to live and breathe our Company values in the delivery of your role and responsibilities
As you can see, this role covers a wide range of responsibilities, but we know that our People are more than just their job description. We are a team here at Go City which means there will be plenty of opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your knowledge and make a contribution to the wider business not reflected here.
Who are you / what will you have?
- Elevated knowledge of local employment law and generalist HR is crucial as well as being able to demonstrate a strong understanding of current HR & recruitment issues
- Key experience of working with and advising line managers
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Able to build effective relationships with line managers and stakeholders at all of the business
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail whilst working at pace in a fast moving industry across multiple time zones with the ability to act autonomously and make decisions in a stand alone role in APAC.
Go City feel passionately about our stance as an equal opportunities employer. We welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds and uphold the highest standards from a recruitment process perspective when it comes to age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and parental status.