Our client is an International law firm with a global network of Asia, Australia, Europe, Middle East and North America with highest calibre of lawyers with technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to our clients worldwide.
Reporting to the Office Managing Partner in Hong Kong and functionally to Head of HR APAC, you will be leading a HR Advisor and a HR Assistant to oversee all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes within the Hong Kong Office. You will support business needs and ensure the implementation of HR strategies and objectives are aligned with operational goals. Occasionally provide necessary guidance and support for Beijing, Shanghai and Japan offices.
You should act as a lead on human resources management and organizational changes whilst promotingcorporate values and enable business success through job design, recruitment, performance management, training & development, employment cycle, staff engagement and talent management. You will communicate with the Office Managing Partner, Hong Kong and the Head of HR, Asia Pacific to express new ideas and suggest solutions, considering budget parameters and firm culture. In addition, you will work directly with all the Partners in the Hong Kong office to ensure effective management of HR concerns within their teams.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall goals of the business in Hong Kong and the global HR team;
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of the HR team;
- Develop and monitor overall HR systems, tactics and procedures across the Hong Kong team;
- Oversee and manage the recruitment, selection and on boarding process of talent throughout the Hong Kong practice (exclusive of Partners);
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance;
- Oversee and manage remuneration assessments, including annual pay review and pay levels for on-boarding employees;
- Review and manage employee benefits programs and ensure competitiveness in the market is maintained;
- Assess training needs and work with the Learning & Development team to ensure programs implemented are in line with those needs;
- Ensure legal compliance of HR policies, procedures and operations;
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues;
- Nurture a positive working environment.
- University graduate relating to Human Resources would be preferred;
- Proven achievements as a HR generalist in the legal industry, preferably in an International law firm environment;
- People oriented and results driven;
- Demonstrable HR experience in a leadership and management position;
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases with ability to develop strategy and execute;
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, communication and presentation skills;
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the practice;
- In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR best practices;
- Team player who has the drive to contribute to the success of the HR team;
- IT literate (Word and Excel);
- Written communication skills, including drafting and proof reading documents/communications;
- Fluent level English (oral and written) and Cantonese would be ideal;
- With ability to : -
- Use appropriate discretion in dealing with employees, including interpreting the firm's policies and procedures;
- Demonstrate appropriate use of initiative;
- Gain trust and develop rapport with Partners, Fee Earners and Business Teams;
- Remain calm in difficult situations;
- Identify areas that require improvement and suggest solutions which suit the firm's business needs and effective communication.
For further information or a confidential discussion, please contact Kitty Cheng at +852 2920 9115quoting reference 16965.
Follow us on LinkedIn to be the first person to learn about our featured mid to senior level opportunities.