HR Manager, Southeast Asia - Singapore
We are looking for a commercially focused, operationally effective, and proactive HR Business Partner to join our Southeast Asia team to be responsible for providing local strategic and operational HRBP support to 2 business entities within the RELX Group.
Knowledge and skills required:
- Demonstrates strong business/commercial approach and understanding of business needs.
- Excellent relationship building skills demonstrated through proven experience of working in partnership with Directors and senior business leaders in order to improve people management practices and develop strategic HR plans.
- Passionate about customer service with the ability to articulate previous achievements through business deliverables.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing best practice HR solutions to drive a high performance culture.
- Ability to establish professional credibility quickly.
- Experience of coaching and influencing senior business leaders along with excellent communication skills and able to negotiate and influence effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Experience of working in partnership with senior business leaders to identify, develop and retain talent.
- Excellent technical HR Knowledge and competence
- Experience of managing small / medium scale, change programs e.g., Organization re-design, merger and acquisition, culture change.
- Good knowledge of employment laws and HR practices across southeast Asia; Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Philippines.
- Experience working with payroll providers
- Global mobility experience and working with a Global Mobility Centre of Excellence
- Self-motivated, able to set and deliver their own objectives and comfortable with remote management
Role Reports toHR Director, Southeast Asia.
- Act as an integral member of the local business leadership teams, building strong relationships with senior business leaders and other relevant stakeholders.
- Work with all managers to coach, advise and challenge thinking; executing the medium to long term people initiatives to meet current and future business needs.
- Act as a key agent to improve line management capability within the business
- Drive and implement the local People Plans for the business divisions focusing on talent, succession planning, resource planning, employee engagement and change management, in order to support the delivery of business objectives and drive a high performance culture.
- Manage local salary benchmarking exercises and global assignment processes
- Manage and resolve difficult performance/ER issues
- Monitor local recruitment processes and ensure we are delivering a great hiring process through to on boarding of new employees
- Work within the HR Business Partner model and act as a conduit by working in collaboration with the HR Centers of Expertise and HR Service Delivery to ensure operational excellence of local HR process
- Utilize HR metrics to diagnose, measure and improve the health of the business in HR terms.
- Support local execution of Global HR projects through communication briefings, local line manager coaching and employee training and workshops
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.