People Ops is always looking to make the experience of work better and more meaningful for Googlers. But innovating (and operating!) is increasingly complex when Googlers work in more than 50 countries, each with its own unique practices and regulations. The Diversity, Integrity & Governance team works to make sure we not only do whats required by law, but that we continue to raise the bar and do whats right for Googlers all over the globe. From supporting LGBT rights to extending parental leave benefits, we aspire to do the right thing in every part of the world: to be fair and inclusive, disciplined but not rigid, and consistent but not bureaucratic.
People Operations is always looking to make the experience of work better and more meaningful for staff. The Integrity team works to make sure we not only do whats required by law, but that we continue to do whats right for Googlers all over the globe. From ensuring we have smart and effective policies to ensuring Googlers are paid right, we aspire to do the right thing in every part of the world: to be fair and inclusive, disciplined but not rigid, and consistent but not bureaucratic.
As an HR Compliance Program Specialist in the Integrity team, you'll be responsible for implementing solutions aimed at reducing risk, ensuring fairness and driving simplicity in Googles people programs, processes, policies and procedures. You will be responsible for driving HR compliance initiatives in APAC as well as other complex cross-regional HR projects, which include delving into areas like works councils, time and pay regulations, labour compliance filings and audits, and HR policies and processes.
As part of your role you will work cross-functionally within the People Operations team, as well as cross-regionally, with teams across Google (e.g., Employment Legal, Ethics & Compliance).
Great just isn't good enough for our People Operations team (you probably know us better as "Human Resources"). Made up of equal parts HR professionals, former consultants and analysts, we're the champions of Google's colorful culture. In People Ops, we "find them, grow them, and keep them" - we bring the world's most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next great Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field.
- Support compliance programs and processes pertaining to employees, such as new entity compliance, working time/time tracking requirements, employee handbooks, contingent workers and other areas related to employment law.
- Review current HR practices and policies to identify potential compliance challenges and provide recommendations to address these concerns..
- Implement strategies and project plans to address identified compliance deficiencies.
- Implement policy and practice changes to achieve regulatory compliance. Design and implement trainings based on local laws and regulations.
- Manage compliance vendors including operations, performance to contract specifications and seconded staff.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience in employment law, industrial relations or human resources.
- Experience working with, or strong understanding of, labor law in India.
- Ability to work with multiple teams across functions and organizations.
- Effective project management skills with a focus on drive and execution.
- Excellent client orientation skills with the ability to influence and consult.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.