Experience & Skills: 1
PC Skills: Excel (), Word, Outlook
This Scandinavian footwear company is quickly growing in Japan and they are looking to grow their HR team from 2 to 3 members. Well know for their comfortable footwear and stylish European design sense, this company have around 30 employees in the back office and 300 store staff around Japan.
The HR & Admin Assistant will assist HR & Administration team in all aspects of HR activities such as recruitment, record maintenance, social insurance administration and payroll processing, and to provide clerical support to all employees. They must be very reliable and should accurately follow instructions with the ability to multitask and acclimatize in a fast-paced environment.
1. Serve as first point of contact for inquiries from employees and external vendors/customers
2. Process employees requests and provide relevant information
3. Maintain employee records (soft and hard copies) and prepare new employee files
4. Update HR databases (e.g. new hires, separations, vacation and sick leaves)
5. Assist in the recruitment and onboarding activities, such as to process incoming resumes, arrange interviews, prepare on-boarding package and employment contracts etc.
6. Collaborate with Retail Trainer and arrange new employee training schedule for shop staffs
7. Provide orientations for new employees by sharing onboarding packages and explaining company policies
8. Collecting necessary documents from new employees such as employment contracts, social insurance documentation, commuting route, health check records etc.
9. Assist in payroll preparation by collecting relevant data, such as time records, absences, incentive and leaves etc.
10. Assist in annual performance management procedures
11. Completing termination paperwork and provide assistance to the employee if necessary
12. Check monthly invoices from temporary staff agencies and process payment
13. Prepare reports, documents, and presentations for internal communications
14. Sort and distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail (envelopes, packages, etc.)
15. Perform other ad-hoc office duties as assigned
Education: College or University certificate
Experience & Skills: Experience in Human Resources, Payroll, and/or Social Insurance Administration (1 year or more)
PC Skills: Excel (MUST), Word, Outlook
Language: Fluent Japanese + Basic or Intermediate English (reading/writing) skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Must be able to communicate clearly, both written and orally, as to communicate with employees and HR management team
Time management skills
Must be able to prioritize and plan work activities as to use time efficiently Must be organized, accurate, thorough, and able to monitor work for quality