Overview of job
GroupM is the worlds largest media investment company and are a part of WPP. In fact, we are responsible for one in every three ads you see globally. We are currently looking for HR Manager to help support talent team that covers across GroupM.
This role reports to the Head of Talent and manage various aspects of HR functions covering compensation & benefits and employee relations for GroupM and the agencies. Opportunity will be offered to partner with leadership team to ensure professional delivery of HR services to GroupM and agencies to contribute and support the business success and growth of talent.
The scope of the role can be summarized as: 70% HR generalist + 30% HR business partner.
Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Head of Talent.
3 best things about the job:
- A great opportunity to demonstrate your strong hands-on HR operational and talent management experience in the worlds leading media agency group.
- Chance to work in a dynamic matrix environment that is always interesting and to develop your career in an exciting and fast evolving digital marketing & communications space.
- The office is the World in One Place, with more than 10 nationalities and half of our talents are below the age of 30. You can definitely expect a young, fun and casual working environment! You get to wear jeans to work too!
Measures of success
In three months:
- Build open and positive relationships with colleagues throughout GroupM.
- Understand GroupM, and our agencies, their structure and HR and talent requirements.
- Thoroughly understand the various GroupM specific talent and HR initiatives and policies.
- Give clear, considered and concise advice on HR issues and developing a solid relationship with all key stakeholder.
In six months:
- Demonstrate good problem solving and collaboration skills even when under considerable pressure.
- Build trusted relationships with the agencies, having built credibility as a reliable, responsive, trusted advisor.
In 12 months:
- Owning the HR administration function and ensuring it is delivering the highest level of service to clients as well as meaningful human capital metrics and data for robust decision making.
- Improving and building on the groups reward strategy, benefits portfolio and corporate social responsibility programmes.
Responsibilities of the role:
Oversee the full function of professional HR service delivery covering:
- Ensure HR staff movement processes, monthly payroll, HR systems and records, and reports are up to the standards complying the requirement of internal audit, SOX and statutory requirement.
- Support the Head of Talent to forever improve and build on the groups reward strategy that includes financial and non-financial elements aligned to each agency culture and values.
- Ensure GroupMs approach to performance management is embedded at all levels across the group (in accordance with HR strategies and principles) thereby contributing to improved business performance; ensuring managers are having regular conversations with their employees about their performance, their development and how they will be measured, bridging any capacity and capability gaps across the group
- Champion the GroupM induction programme to enhance employee performance and retention
- Ensure smooth process and implementation of HR operational process and policies.
- Work closely with Finance team on staff cost planning and management, employee compensation and reward process, monthly payroll, etc. to support the changing business needs.
- Respond on a timely basis to all regional request e.g regular report, ad-hoc request on employee data, sharing of market practice, etc, and implement in market any regional/global initiative on talent programs.
- Provide effective HR advice, guidance and solutions to employees/managers across the group; always working within the necessary legal parameters.
- Interpersonal and strategic communication, negotiation and conflict management, influence and problem solving abilities are essential.
What you will need:
Minimum of 6 years of advisory experience, as a strong hands-on HR operational and a proven track record of delivering an excellent integrated and client/stakeholder-focussed generalist HR service, ideally in a matrix organisation. Professional HR qualifications or continuing professional development to demonstrate competence.
In addition, the candidates should demonstrate the following:
- A strong customer centric mindset, responsive, reliable with ability to manage expectations of internal clients.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong people and team skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals/teams at all levels and to build long term relationships, always with a talent mindset.
- An obsession with being super organised with outstanding attention for detail.
- Strong creative problem solving and lateral thinking skills; ability to join up the dots in ways that others might not and to spot the critical insight in a world of information.
- Comfortable with ambiguity - flexible and adaptable with a willingness to learn and muck in where ever needed.
More about GroupM
GroupM is the leading global media investment management group serving as the parent to WPP media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the programmatic digital media platform, Xaxis, each global operations in their own right with leading market positions. GroupMs primary purpose is to maximize the performance of WPPs media agencies by operating as leader and collaborator in trading, content creation, sports, digital, finance, and proprietary tool development. GroupMs focus is to deliver unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people, and is increasingly working closely for the benefit of clients with WPPs data investment management group, Kantar. Together, GroupM and Kantar account for over 50% of WPPs group revenues of more than $20 billion.
Discover more about GroupM at www.groupm.com
Follow @GroupMWorldwide on Twitter
Follow GroupM on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/groupm
The new office in Empire City, Kuala Lumpur a modest city on steroids booming with new muscular architectures. Housing all our agencies in a world class office at WPP Kampus will forge greater ties with the rest of WPP.
The office is the World in One Place, with more than 10 nationalities and half of our talent are below the age of 30. You can expect a young, fun and casual work environment! In Malaysia, we can see this ambition come to life through the digital literacy of its consumers. This market will provide endless opportunities for marketing, media and branding professionals to hone their skill as it transits rapidly from manually-managed traditional media to programmatic new media.
Those looking for an exciting and challenging career in media have no better place to be in than Malaysia.