Opened in January 1977, Ocean Park is Hong Kongs premier zoological theme park and resort. Located at the south side of the Hong Kong Island, Ocean Park covers an area of more than 91 hectares (226 acres), and features a diverse selection of world-class animal attractions, thrill rides, exciting shows and entertainment events. As a statutory organization, Ocean Park Corporation is operated on prudent financial principles, providing a balance of entertainment, education and conservation at affordable prices for the enjoyment of local citizens and overseas tourists of Hong Kong. Ocean Park is an Applause Award winner and also one of the worlds top 25 most visited theme parks.
Ocean Park Corporation invites applications from suitable candidates to fill the below position:
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Executive Director, Human Resources manages all aspects of HR activities, including payroll, recruitment, benefits, employee services, training, incentives/awards, staff communications, etc. As Head of Division, the person is expected to provide strategic focus and guidance to legal/ethical practices, labor relations, organization development, salary management, executive compensation, and leadership training and alignment. He/she has responsibility to help develop the Park into a resort destination, inclusive of hotels and a new Water Park. Major challenge includes recruiting approx. 500 full-time staff plus sufficient part-time complement to cover seasonality and low/peak days for the new Water Park, scheduled to open in 2020.
- College or university degree holder.
- At least 20 years of relevant HR work experience, 10 of which should be at senior management level.
- Background in large size and diverse organizations. Exposure in public body management an advantage.
- Experience in full HR operation e.g. policy, systems, legal, compensation, contracts, training, performance, career planning, talent management, labor union engagement, etc.
- Strategic thinking, business acumen, and progressive approach to HR management. Proven ability in the management of sizable HR teams in areas of work planning, personnel management, KPIs achievement, resources utilization, budgets and costs control.
- Proven ability to pursue and sustain Employer of Choice practices in all HR activities. Record of success in developing and managing positive labor relations and a productive workforce.
- Strong computer skills. Ability to use commercial software and MS Office including Excel. Knowledge of ERP, workforce and HRIS systems an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written). Excellent writing of Committee and Board papers. Fluency in English, Cantonese and preferably also Putonghua.
- Must be prepared to occasionally work evenings, weekends and holidays, especially during peak operating season.
Interested applicants can apply by letter together with full Curriculum Vitae giving details of qualifications, working experience, present and expected salary, address and contact telephone/email, to send to the Human Resources Division, Ocean Park, Aberdeen, Hong Kong, or via email to [email redacted, apply via company website] (please quote Job Ref. ED/1905/01 on envelop/email). The closing date for application is 31 May 2019. Applicants not contacted within 13 weeks may consider their applications not successful. Personal information collected in this recruitment will be used for consideration of employment with Ocean Park only.