At Tradeshift, we want to change the way companies do business together - in China and globally. Our platform for business interactions allows our customers to manage complex transactions around the planet. From buying to invoicing, to collaborative workflow and financial solutions, were levelling the playing field for large & small players. Tradeshift transforms the most complex business transactions into engaging operations for real people. Tradeshift is building the world's largest B2B network where companies can connect, collaborate, transact and get insights. Tradeshift has 1.5M + users, and we are now accelerating our growth in China.
We are looking for an experienced Director of HR and Administration for our expanding team in China. We are on an exciting journey and anticipate to widen our geographical footprint significantly in the coming years.
What you will be doing:
- Serve as the local initial point of contact for human resources matters in China and liaise with employees at all levels
- Build up a scalable HR platform based on our global strategy and guidelines
- Develop an HR platform that can scale with our needs. Our future HR platform must be the perfect combination of tools, technology, processes and people. And it must be developed in close alignment with our global HR team
- Design, direct, and manage the local process of organizational development that addresses issues such as succession planning, employee development, key employee retention, organization design and change management
- Leadership development: We want our team to have great leaders who can lead from the front, and live and breathe our leadership values. It will be your responsibility to implement and adapt our global leadership program to the Chinese culture and ensure that we foster a culture of lifelong learning
- Tradeshift University: Tradeshift University is a global platform for online learning covering many different areas ranging from our product to leadership development. We want Tradeshift University to be full of relevant content supporting the development of relevant skills in our teams
- Grow our team and successful on-boarding: We expect to scale our team significantly in the coming years. Your team is responsible for recruiting great talent with the right skills and values. We want people who will speak their mind and can work well in teams. Identify critical workforce requirements (e.g., skills, competencies, and performance outcomes) necessary to achieve current and future business results
- Partner with our global team implementing our on-boarding process, increase employee engagement and retention programs
- Manage local HR processes including ensuring the global performance and compensation reviews
- Foster a culture of continuous performance feedback, employee engagement, talent management and succession planning and retention
- Provide timely, accurate and legally compliant guidance on HR management processes and reporting
- 7+ years human resources leadership experience required
- Track record of scaling global highly efficient HR teams focused on attracting and retaining high caliber employees, partnering with hiring managers to optimize HR policies while refining processes & systems which include: Talent Management, Performance Management, Succession Planning, Compensation, and Employee Relations.
- Solid working knowledge of HR policies, procedures, and legislation related to employment practices and general HR administration preferably experience in a start up environment
- Great at influencing through strong relationships, stakeholder management, expertise and obsess about data and result-oriented
- High cultural competencies, interpersonal savvy, relating openly and comfortable working with diverse and global team members
- Fluent in Mandarin and English both written and spoken.
- Your core team is located in Suzhou and we expect you to spend most of your time in Suzhou, but your team will eventually be spread out over several locations in Greater China and you should expect to be on the road at least 1 week per month with domestic and international trips to other Tradeshift offices to align with the global PeopleOps team.
What we offer:
- Ambitious, international startup environment in Suzhou & Shanghai
- Career and professional development opportunities
- Being part of a super dedicated, agile team of very skilled people
- A competitive compensation package including bonus Trips to the United States and Denmark working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- 15 days annual leave
- Medical benefit plan
- Lunch allowance, etc.