What makes Gartner HR a GREAT fit for you?
When you become a member of Gartner HR, youll join a fast-paced, dynamic team. Youll play a key role in our companys continued double-digit growth. From talent acquisition and management to compensation, benefits, analytics and operations, finding and keeping the right people is what drives our continued success. Come to work every day excited by smart and creative colleagues and the chance to innovate and grow. If you love working with people and making the connection between great talent and company success, we want to connect with you.
About this Role:
The HR Director is responsible for providing HR consultation to one or more global and/or regional BU leadership teams. This individual drives the implementation of business unit specific HR programs and strategies. Identifies and analyzes business and people issues where HR solutions can be leveraged and implemented. Demonstrates credibility by building collaborative relationships with the business unit leadership team(s) and all HR partners and specialists. Manage, mentor and develop HR Partners and HR Associates.
What youll do:
- Employee Relations Minimize risk to organization by actively responding to and addressing associate concerns in a timely manner. Conduct complete investigations and make recommendations based on findings/facts. Escalate issues/concerns to HR leadership and business unit leadership as appropriate. Collaborate with legal and outside counsel as needed to address complex or highly sensitive issues.
- Workforce Planning & Organizational Development Analyze and provide guidance on the business units current organizational state and future requirements. Craft and revise role profiles as needed to facilitate business planning. Design and implement solutions to meet business needs.
- Recruitment & Retention Partner with Recruiting to ensure a conscious, deliberate approach to attracting and retaining top talent from both inside and outside the organization.
- Succession Planning Support leadership preparation for Operating Committee and business unit annual talent review sessions. Lead business unit talent reviews in order to identify top talent and succession planning strategies. Recommend and implement retention strategies to minimize unwanted attrition, particularly in business unit critical roles, specialty skill sets, and in highly competitive critical market places.
- Compensation & Benefits Lead annual salary, bonus/commission, and equity planning process with business unit leadership, ensuring highest performers are compensated in line with their business impact and contributions. Provide ongoing global compensation analyses and recommend market adjustments as needed to ensure top talent is retained. Collaborate with global compensation and benefits partners to drive participation in annual benefits enrollment processes.
- Team Leader Provide strong leadership in the recruitment, training and development of top quality HR talent to ensure the highest levels of performance and productivity. Instill a culture that emphasizes collaboration, accountability and transparency among the HR team.
What youll need:
- Bachelors degree
- 10-12 years of progressive HR experience, strong business acumen plus 2-3 years management experience.
- Proven HR Generalist skills including employee relations, employment law, employee engagement, succession planning, comp, performance management, workforce planning, recruitment, and training and development.
- Strong analytical skills to deliver HR programs and strategies that effectively address business issues.
- Track record of achieving results that contribute significantly to the business.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, problem-solving and decision-making skills, and ability to handle sensitive situations/documentation.
Who you are:
- Strategic partner serving as a key member of the senior leadership team(s) and/or Group Vice President level leadership team(s). Provide direction for the business unit in the area of strategic HR planning and operations. Lead a team of HR professionals and support staff that provide a broad range of HR consultation, solutions and services to the business unit.
- Trusted HR advisor able to coach Group Vice President Leadership (where applicable, may be Operating Committee leaders) and their direct reports on leadership effectiveness and performance. Effectively use influence and negotiation strategies to secure support from stakeholders for support of key initiatives.
- Proven ability to develop HR staff and lead teams in a matrix environment.
What we offer:
- A seat to the table to help drive peak performance in a growing, people business.
- Encouragement to be innovative and challenge status quo.
- Exposure to industry leading training and development.
- Performance based recognition and rewards.
Job Requisition ID:33732
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.