About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with more than $20 billion of revenue. Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular missionenabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
When youre part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, youll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and youll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Job Title: HR Operations Director
- Business Title: Colleague Services Director, APAC
- Reports to: Sr Director, Global Colleague Services, with matrixed reporting to VP HR APAC
- Group / Division: Corporate / Global Business Services
- Position Location: Singapore
The Colleague Services Director, APAC is responsible for the leadership and management of our APAC HR Services organization. Working as part of a Global Colleague Services Leadership team they will serve as a strategic thinker, thought leader and transformational architect. The individual will look to optimize our existing HR Colleague Services operational footprint in the region and contribute to future design and growth. Additionally, there will be a major focus on improving the Employee, Manager and HR experience, raising the level of employee engagement and overall ease of use leading to increased employee satisfaction. The ideal candidate for this role will have experience building and leading an HR shared services organization in a large, multinational, heavily matrixed operating environment.
- Contributes to the development of a customer centric Global Colleague Services strategy, implementing that strategy Regionally.
- Delivers HR Operations services, procedures and processes that are measurable and add value,
- Drives a performance culture and sets challenging but realistic goals & objectives for self and team, demonstrating urgency in achieving these goals at a high standard of performance; is results-oriented and drives for closure on projects and issue resolution.
- Systematically identifies opportunities for continuous process improvement and proposes innovative solutions to operate in an efficient and cost-effective manner which delivers a positive colleague experience
- Works with stakeholders to proactively identify gaps in service delivery and devises practical, scalable solutions.
- Works with stakeholders to promote and market Colleague Services offerings
- Ensures appropriate communications, training and change management programs are executed
- Ensures there are positive and productive internal and external working relationship with key stakeholders through frequent communications, routine solicitation of feedback, investing time and energy in building transparent and productive working relationships.
- Fosters a One Team HR approach by pro-actively collaborating with Talent, Compensation, Benefits and Project Management COEs and Field HR Leaders to drive continuous improvement of our colleague experience, build and enhance our employee value proposition, and support M&A integrations and other projects.
- Understands and uses technology/systems to streamline processes and achieve deliverables.
- Actively engages in problem/conflict resolution, coaching, training and development.
- Directs, plans, staffs and manages the APAC Colleague Services team. Effectively coaches and develops team members. Actively engages in coaching discussions. Demonstrates managerial courage by proactively addressing performance issues in a fair, consistent and direct manner.
- Works to inspire and build team engagement and retention.
- Responsible for maintaining quality and compliance requirements on all services offered. Understands and communicates the Key Performance indicators that the team and individuals are responsible for delivering.
- Stays up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise, constantly researches and uses best practices of similar and successful companies as benchmarks.
- Actively participates in Employee Services projects in support of the company strategy and initiatives including new services, optimized processes, work in-take, systems implementations, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant shared service experience with demonstrated success leading a shared services function
- Familiarity with Service Now, Workday and PowerBi is preferred.
- Experience working in a multi-channel work-intake environment (Cases, E-mails, Phone and Live Chat).
- Experience in the application of Virtual Agents, Robotic Process Automation and other emerging technologies a strong plus.
- Successful candidate will possess a learning orientation and the ability to work in a highly matrixed environment:
- Strategic agility and the ability to influence and align senior leaders.
- Strong communication and change management skills required.
- Ability to build strong local relationships both vertically and horizontally.
- Ability to drive change and align with local leadership teams across a complex matrix.
- Highly numerate with experience of Process Improvement approaches (Lean, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.).
- Generally recognized PPI qualification highly desirable e.g. Six Sigma Green Belt
- A track record of positive results and an ability to show how his/her programs and policies have contributed to positive colleague experience and business value
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.