How will you make an impact?
This HR Director will report onsite to our Carlsbad, CA or Waltham, MA location.
Our HR Director is a strategic business partner to the Quality & Regulatory, Continuous Improvement (PPI), EHS & Sustainability and Business Operations leaders and their teams to translate business strategy into a detailed HR strategy and plan. This includes using HR solutions which are both creative and thought leading as it relates to the aligned business group. This role will support the Operations leaders goals to hire, engage, develop and retain top talent and build the organizational capabilities required for short and long-term business success. This position is in the Global Operations HR team.
What will you do?
- Global responsibility to develop HR strategy, solutions and strategic workforce plans that align to the business and functional strategy and objectives
- Facilitates diagnosis and metrics to drive organizational effectiveness through talent and organizational capabilities and culture
- Acts as a motivator for change
- Develops robust talent management plans and drives culture change initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles
- Coaches senior leaders on complex leadership and HR issues including development, engagement, and talent performance
- Stays ahead of industry trends, and leverages these insights to develop appropriate HR strategies and solutions
- Evaluates work requests from across the organization collaborates with the business in alignment with the HR model
- Helps guide Center of Excellence (COE) owners in the shaping of appropriate and innovative HR solutions
- Ensures activities throughout the globe are consistent
- Stays abreast of changes in HR regulations and shares knowledge with broader teams
- Ensures fairness and organizational consistency with our 4-I Values in everything we do
How will you get here?
- BA/BS required; MA/MS preferred
- Regional experience the Americas, APAC, and EMEA
- 7-10+ years of demonstrable experience and a minimum of 5 years as senior HR business partner supporting executives with global teams
- Experience as a strategic business driver with credibility as a trusted advisor and confidant to senior management
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global environment
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- Has a track record of positive results contributing to the growth and bottom line profitability of an organization while driving cultural change
- Must have direct involvement in significant organizational change and transformation initiatives in prior roles
- Ability to develop positive, professional relationships with senior leadership and peers in a heavily matrixed environment
- Self-motivated with bias for action
- Effective negotiating skills with demonstrable ability to influence without direct authority
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, act with a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and emotional intelligence
- Ability to handle contending priorities and managing partner expectations
- Strong project management skills with ability to execute on short and long term deliverables
- Executive presence; experience in facilitation and presentation with key partners and leaders
- A strategic problem solver, who uses data and analytics to inform decision making and leadership coaching
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time, as needed
- Meet the Thermo Fisher values Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement (The Four Is)
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus scheme, healthcare, company pension, and a range of employee benefits!
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.