- Leadership role in the North Asia FIG Risk team
- Manage credit risk for Japan and Korea country risk and financial institutions portfolio
- Reports to the Head of FIG (Financial Institutions Group) Risk Asia
Role Location: Hong Kong
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
As the Director for FIG Credit Risk, you will work with Risk teams, Product Specialists, and Relationship Managers to ensure the disciplined growth of business lending assets and by way of ensuring the maintenance of credit quality and alignment with business strategies and risk appetites. In this role, you will also coach and train R&A teams and fellow RIG Risk team members in credit analysis and deal structuring. You will develop & maintain an excellent understanding for FIG Risk and share this knowledge across the bank. In conjunction with senior Risk and Relationship team members, you will also assist in the refinement of appetite and business strategy in North Asia.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Communicating the credit risk appetite to front office stakeholders and provide advice on structuring transactions within risk appetite
- Reviewing credit proposals from analysis teams and approve new transactions within delegated authority
- Identifying problem cases and ensure actions are taken to mitigate risk
- Leading client due diligence visits and offer credit risk expertise regarding the specific portfolio
- Contributing to development of the wider North Asia risk team
- Building and maintaining relationships with R&A, Relationship Managers, Product Managers, Legal, Compliance, and Middle Office teams across the North Asia portfolio
- Delivering sustainable efficiencies in global Risk costs whilst maintaining suitable risk management
- Ensuring effective alignment between Business strategies and Risk appetites
- Ensuring that credit portfolios are managed within agreed Risk frameworks
- Enhancing the effectiveness of governance and compliance
- Influencing business leaders, peers, and other lending staff with regard to credit operations and through effective leadership, management, and teamwork
- Elevating the quality and frequency of engagement with Business partners to drive a more proactive first line of defence
- Identifying areas where processes and procedures can be improved
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following -
- Extensive years of Risk experience (preferably within the Financial Institution business)
- Demonstrated knowledge and Leadership experience in Risk Management or related fields
- Deep understanding of Risk strategy know-how, proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing high quality deliverables according to strict timetables and be able to organize his or her job in an independent way
- Firm understanding of markets products
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Expertise in risk management and control processes appropriate to a financial services environment
- Knowledge of analysis and modelling techniques used in counterparty credit risk and transaction analysis
- Experience in approving structured credit and financing transactions
- Master degree (risk management, accounting, finance, business administration, MBA or equivalent)
ANZ is a great place to grow. We know our people look to their leaders to understand what is and isn't valued.
Developing a growth mindset is at the heart of our culture. It means we actively encourage people to try new things so we can improve. With effort, we can all learn and grow.
We ask our leaders to practice daily leadership behaviours - things like connecting with empathy, empowering people, growing people selflessly, being curious and creating shared clarity. These are the leadership behaviours we need to transform ANZ. We support our leaders with tools, tips and online coaching.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit
You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for HON002513.