The applicant must possess
- a recognized degree in human resources management or related disciplines;
- a minimum of 7 years solid working experience in Human Resources Management in sizeable organisations in both public and private sectors, with track records in developing policies and procedures and / or in providing secretariat support to committees is highly preferable;
- excellent command in both written spoken English and Chinese;
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to communicate with and acceptable by people from all levels;
- mature and tactful in handling HR related matters and in managing sensitive staff issues;
- patient and a good listener with excellent negotiation skills;
- pro-active, attentive to details, strong implementation abilities, able to meet tight schedule and work independently under pressure; and
- ability to transform ideas into concrete and implementable plans and the flexibility to take up ad hoc duties as and when required.
(Applicants who do not possess the required qualifications and / or experience may be considered for other positions within the organisation.)
The incumbent will report to the Assistant Director Human Resources & Administration and will be responsible to handle duties relating to policies and procedures, committee work as well as staff relations & communications.
- to maintain sound operations policies, procedures and systems in alignment with the CIC objectives, efficiency, flexibility, control and service standard;
- to provide administrative and secretariat support to relevant Committees and the Council, including but not limited to drafting discussion paper & minutes, devising detailed implementation plan, drafting staff announcement, arranging briefing sessions / town hall meetings, preparing frequently-asked questions and line-to-take, etc. and to compile periodic report to the CIC management on the implementation progress;
- to plan, develop and organise employee engagement and employer branding programs, including wellness programs, talent engagement strategies, in order to foster a positive and inclusive workplace to attract and retain talent;
- to manage employee communications and to create a positive culture, including but not limited to designing internal communication strategy & channels, prepare contents & materials for all internal announcements and events including emails, eDMs, speeches, etc.;
- to oversee the operations of a Service Enhancement Team to handle enquiries and complaints both from internal staff and external customers, and to partner with department heads to design, review and unify the operation and system workflow to ensure the consistency in service delivery;
- to supervise the Translation Team to ensure the provision of professional and efficient service to internal users;
- to draft or review correspondence and communications issued by the HR Department to ensure quality and consistency and to provide professional HR advice to the management on sensitive staff issues and matters, including the liaison with Staff Unions; and
- to undertake any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Executive Director.
The position is on a renewable fixed-term contract (subject to performance and operational needs) for a period of 2 years.
Please click the below Apply Online to complete the application form and upload the updated curriculum vitae, the results of English and Chinese Language obtained in public examinations, current and expected salary together with a covering letter stating ones suitability for the job on or before 21 April 2022.
For further details on CIC please refer to website: http://www.cic.hk.