Cathay Pacific Airways is an international airline registered and based in Hong Kong, flying to over 190 destinations around the world.
We are proud of our home Hong Kong, where the company was founded in 1946. Our corporate headquarters are located at Hong Kong International Airport. We employ over 21,000 people worldwide.
We are also a founding member of the oneworld global alliance whose combined network serves over 750 destinations worldwide.
Reports to: People Advisory Manager
Department: People (PPL)
The job holder supports in developing and maintaining a strong HR governance framework for ground employees in Hong Kong and outports, creating and upholding good HR practices and systems to continuously enhance employee experience, as well as identifying and initiating process and HR operations improvements.
The job holder is also responsible for managing day-to-day HR advisory activities including people headcount management and system data management. The incumbent will work closely with our People Business Partners/ CoE Specialists / GBS in providing consistent and quality support and services across full spectrum of HR related matters to line departments including but not limited to handling grievances, case investigation, employee relations matters and reporting.
- Support in the creation and upholding of good HR practices and systems to continuously enhance employee experience including process and system users
- Support in developing HR governance framework for Hong Kong and global ground employees
- Identify process/ HR operational improvement opportunity and manage through implementing solutions and realization
- Support improvement initiatives through technology and process activities such as enhancing Chatbot capabilities and knowledge base, improve reporting analytics and insights, leverage case management to enhance advisory experience
- Act as the key liaison with GBS and representing PPL to work closely with various stakeholders to monitor GBSs SLA performance for delivering PPL HtR services
- Support people headcount management and budgeting for ground employees
- Handle HR enquiries and conduct follow up actions and investigation when required. Actions such as but not limited to policy clarification, general HR related matters, payroll discrepancies
- Provide advice/ guidance to general employees on standard policy matters as required
- Support Business Partnering Team in all people related matters
- Handle grievances and complaint cases
- Support employee record maintenance and perform audit checks in employee documents
- Support People related systems UAT and any update enhancement activities
- Escalate exception and complex cases to either BP or CoE specialists
- Use data analytics to ensure we continuously improve our policies, process and self-service capabilities so employee reliance on GBS reduces
- Ensure that company policies and procedures are consistently and equitably applied and that all legal requirements are met, and ensure that a positive employee relations is developed and reinforced
- Bachelor degree in business, HR, psychologyor relevant discipline
- 5+ years experience as HR generalist and/or HR advisory, business partnering experience
- Ability to work with multiple teams and to create positive changes in a collaborative, convincing manner and the ability to manage client expectations
- Ability to manage difficult situations with tact and diplomacy; multi-task in a fast-paced environment; and maintain confidentiality is critical
- Preferable experience with managing labour relations, including successful handling of grievances and arbitration
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity. Understanding the issue and utilizing the resources available, to achieve the desired solution with sensitivity
- Experience working in a matrixed organisation
- Strong knowledge of HKG Employment Ordinance, desirable of some knowledge of international labour law and practice
- Strong analytical skills
- Result oriented
- Strong influencing, consulting and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including collaboration, coaching and counselling skills
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder relationship management skills
- Preferable with Certified Lean Green Belt or working towards certification status
Application deadline:5 January 2022
Personal & Application Information
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.
Please note that with effect from 1 December 2021, all employees must be vaccinated in order to access Cathay City and all other Cathay Group Company premises in Hong Kong. Consideration will be given to those who are unable to get vaccinated for valid medical reasons.