Founded in 1884, The Hong Kong Jockey Club is a world-class racing club that acts continuously for the betterment of our society.
The Club has a unique integrated business model, comprising racing and racecourse entertainment, a membership club, responsible sports wagering and lottery, and charities and community contribution. Through this model, the Club generates economic and social value for the community and supports the Government in combatting illegal gambling. In 2020/21, the Club returned a total of HK$29.4 billion to the community. This included HK$24.9 billion to the Government in duty, profits tax and Lotteries Fund contributions and HK$4.5 billion in approved charity donations.
The Club is Hong Kong's largest single taxpayer and one of the citys major employers. Its Charities Trust is also one of the world's top ten charity donors. The Club is always "riding high together for a better future" with the people of Hong Kong.
HR Shared Services (HRSS) is a newly set up team in transforming end to end employee experience. Value added to processes and services through automation, simplification and innovation.
The job holder will have to deliver high quality shared services to all business units and employees. He/She is one of the key members to drive success in HR efficiency and effectiveness. This role is required to support and provide inputs to the following:
- Standardization and simplification of process flow
- Review of existing tools on documentation and information management
- Proposal and implementation of improvement initiatives
- Supervise the daily HRSS operations
- Support the supervision of the team in ensuring HRSS tasks are carried out to a high standard and completed within service level agreements (SLAs)
- Provide feedback to HRSS staff and identify and escalate potential serious operational and customer issues
- Ensure consistent delivery of established SLAs through active, ongoing management
- Be a role model for HRSS staff and assist manager to develop team members to ensure they reach their maximum potential
- Support process improvement initiatives in order to deliver efficiencies and benefits to internal customers
- Document and monitor business processes, business rules, metrics and standard operating procedures as a result of improvement initiatives
- Support the tracking and measurement of the achieved metrics defined by the HRSS
- Assist manager to work with key stakeholders to determine areas for optimization; develop solutions to continuously improve and streamline processes and to develop value adding enhancements
You should have:
- Bachelor degree in Business, HR or related discipline;
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in HR administration with General Business Services / Shared Services environment
- Demonstration of supervisory skills by role-modelling, engaging the team and creating a position environment
- Independent, Proactive & Self-motivated;
- Good analytical, presentation and problem solving skills;
- Good team player and ability to work under pressure;
- Fluent written and spoken English and Chinese.
Terms of employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. A temporary employment will be offered to the successful candidate. Contract renewal will be subject to mutual agreement between the Club and the individual.