Assistant Human Resources Manager (at the rank of Executive Officer) (several posts) in the Human Resources Office (HRO) (Ref.: 512592)
We are looking for Assistant Human Resources Managers to join the Human Resources Office to provide quality HR services to the University community.
The appointees will provide business partnering service to support HR operations for specific Faculties, academic departments or administrative offices of the University. They will carry out administrative responsibilities requiring a good understanding of policies, relevant principles, and established procedures; supervise team members on HR operations; resolve problems with application of experience/research and by exercising sound judgement; assist in handling non-routine business with initiatives and effectiveness; and serve committees or working groups when necessary. Development opportunities will be provided to candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in human resources in the higher education sector.
Qualifications and Qualities
- A good Bachelors degree or equivalent; with higher degree a plus;
- Not less than 2-5 years relevant experience in a related sector in a supervisory position;
- Good aptitude to perform specialized duties in HR management;
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Chinese (including Putonghua);
- Meticulous attention to details, good analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work independently without close supervision;
- Good organizational skills, strong sense of ownership and the ability to work under pressure.
- A good team player who can collaborate with different internal and external stakeholders of the University
What We Offer
The appointment will be made on fixed-term full-time contract for 2 years, to commence as soon as possible with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance. A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, together with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme at 10% of basic salary. Other benefits include annual leave and medical benefits.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above posts.Applicants should apply online at the Universitys careers site ( https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V.Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until May 20, 2022, or until the posts are filled, whichever is earlier. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a written test.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and
is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity and transparency