Founded in 1884, The Hong Kong Jockey Club is a world-class racing club that acts continuously for the betterment of our society.
The Club has a unique integrated business model, comprising racing and racecourse entertainment, a membership club, responsible sports wagering and lottery, and charities and community contribution. Through this model, the Club generates economic and social value for the community and supports the Government in combatting illegal gambling. In 2020/21, the Club returned a total of HK$29.4 billion to the community. This included HK$24.9 billion to the Government in duty, profits tax and Lotteries Fund contributions and HK$4.5 billion in approved charity donations.
The Club is Hong Kong's largest single taxpayer and one of the citys major employers. Its Charities Trust is also one of the world's top ten charity donors. The Club is always "riding high together for a better future" with the people of Hong Kong.
The Human Resources Department formulates people strategies to support its business partners to meet their business goals and objectives. The department aims to ensure a fit between the people and the overall strategic direction of the Club.
The job holder reports to Human Resources Manager (Business Facing) and is the HR Business Facing Partner for the Charities & Community and Corporate Functions. S/he is responsible for providing proactive HR consultative services as well as supporting the business in identifying, rewarding, retaining and developing its best people for the current and future businesses. This includes talent review & profiling, talent gap analysis, talent development and succession planning. S/he also manages a full spectrum of integrated HR activities in collaboration with the business and implements people-related strategies.
- Provides a full spectrum of integrated people management services such as consultancy advice, employee retention, performance management, exit management, promotion and transfers, rewards decisions, staff communication & engagement, , and disciplinary matters, etc. to support and facilitate the achievement of business objectives and operational needs
- Support in implementing high quality Human Resources propositions based on HR legislations, corporate objectives and governance, defined departmental KPIs
- Facilitate and support organisational changes in Human Resources perspective by communicating and collecting feedback from relevant stakeholders to ensure the effectiveness of the new initiatives
- Assist inIdentifying and mitigating HR-related risks and escalate / recommend solutions as needed to ensure Human Resources practices are in compliance with Employment Ordinance and other statutory requirements
- Maintain a strong communication network with all levels of stakeholders in the Club
- Take a proactive role in service improvements to meet HR department's objective to become the preferred business partners of internal customers
- Assists to maintain employee engagement during change and to ensure effective communication between line management and employees on HR matters.
- Assists to implement special HR assignments, and to work closely with the respective HRBF, line departments and HR CoEs as an integral part of enhancing employee experience.
- Undertakes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Provide value-adding HR services to different business units
You should have:
- have a degree with at least 7 years solid experience in full spectrum of HR area
- have good capability to work with diverse stakeholders in a diverse working culture with cross-functional teams; from senior management to junior staff
- have knowledge / experience in people development and assessment tools
- possess good business acumen, exceptional interpersonal and communications skills as well as keenness to take on new challenges and responsibilities
- possess excellent command in written and spoken English and Chinese
Terms of employment
The level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.