CEO INTERVIEW Frrole
New Success Stories - Asia
CEO Interviews - Exclusive for HR Digital Today with market leading HR Tech pioneers -Frrole
Amarpreet Kalkat Co-Founder CEO of Frrole
Evaluating a candidate is a complex task.
In a typical interview situation, even the most unprepared candidate would simply present the instagram version of himself - showing only best no matter how unrealistic it might sound.
Even a reference check doesn’t help much since the chance of giving a biased and positive-only referee is very high.
To really screen well, you need impartial information that is based upon a long period of daily inputs.
And Frrole aims to do that just by using an email ID.
1. Please share with us briefly what you do.
Frrole DeepSense brings to the table an ability to predict human behavior by taking only an email ID as an input.
It is built for hiring managers, talent acquisition leaders and recruiters and helps them take recruiter productivity to the next level by automating candidate evaluation process.
Recruiters can assess candidates for qualitative attributes and soft skills without ever requiring an assessment test.
The Frrole AI engine makes it possible by using candidates' public digital footprint and leveraging algorithms that combine research in pyscholinguistics and behavioral sciences with AI, machine learning and NLP.
The result is an outcome which is 80 - 85% accurate in predicting human behavior.
Inc. magazine has written about how DeepSense replaces the resume, Recruiter.com has called it the automation trend for 2018 and Gartner says that it is "extremely attractive" and the users just plain love it.
2. What were you doing before this?
Frrole started as a social data-as-a-service startup with an ability to mine deep insights from social data and provide actionable insights to global brands, media agencies and media and entertainment companies.
3. In one sentence, how would you describe what your product does?
It gives recruiters an ability to evaluate candidates for psychometrics and soft skills for 1/50th of the cost, while spending zero time on it.
4. How did the idea for your business come about?
Hiring the right talent in today’s world of digital disruption can be a challenge without assessing the skills, personality, and knowledge of the candidates.
So why not use AI with emotional intelligence to source and screen potential hires?
The idea of a new age tool like DeepSense germinated with the focus of making the initial evaluation at scale on few essential attributes super easy for hiring managers and recruiters, because that is a problem that we were grappling with, every time we tried to hire new teammates.
DeepSense is fundamentally different from other AI services as it doesn’t merely focus on retrospectively analyzing candidate information. Instead, it focuses on using the data it collects to make predictions.
Employers thus aren’t just looking backward to figure out if a candidate has something to hide, they will be getting a sense of how one would act in situations that haven’t even happened yet.
Hence DeepSense goes beyond conventional skill and experience match to provide psychographics, social screening, social profile and behavioural predictions for a candidate.
5. How does it work?
The recruiters and hiring managers can do the following effortlessly using DeepSense:
- Check culture fit of potential employee even before speaking to them
- Rank and shortlist all applicants on soft skills
- Share individual candidate reports in one click
- Create customized job match criteria
- Predict personality and job behavior fitment
- Evaluate candidates at scale
All you need to do is install and enter anyone’s email ID, Twitter profile, or phone number on the Chrome extension, API or web application.
In a few seconds, based on a person’s digital footprints from the social and open web, DeepSense builds a comprehensive profile of a person, collating information on a person’s interests, work history, and education.
The tool ranks a person’s personality traits on attributes such as attitude and outlook, stability potential, action-orientedness, general behavior, teamwork skills, need for autonomy, and technical and managerial role fit.
6. What are the key benefits that your product brings?
- Increased recruiter productivity
- Shorter time to fill,
- Lesser bias and more diversity
7. Who are your closest competitors?
Pymetrics, Koru, Personity and Fama would be some of our competitors.
8. Who is your first customer and how did that happen?
The DeepSense product for recruiters has been launched only 2 weeks ago and is now in a public invite mode. Anyone can sign up for the product here: https://deepsense.frrole.com
9. How do you price your product?
DeepSense is a subscription based product that starts as low as $500 per month for unlimited number of users.
Depending upon the volume of candidates that a given customer approximately evaluates every month, there are customized pricing schemes available.
10. What’s your business focus for this year?
The focus for the year 2018 is to create incredible value in the hiring segment. Take the product and the user experience to new levels by bringing in new features, customized reports, additional personas and attributes for effective hiring decisions.
11. What is your favorite failure (and what did you learn from it)?
We tried selling in the US market while the product was still raw. We learned the hard lesson that the market is extremely competitive and you have to bring all your guns if you want to have a fair shot at winning the market
12. What’s one productivity hack you would recommend to everyone?
Use DeepSense to increase the recruiter's productivity!
13. Where can people find out more about your product offerings and you online?
You can find more about us at: frrole.ai
Schedule a demo at: https://deepsense.frrole.com
Read our blogs: http://blog.frrole.com
More about Amarpreet:
- Born : Definitely:)
- Marital status: Married
- School : Boarding school. Tough but it makes you.
- First job : Quit in a day
- Favorite book : Jonathan Livingston Seagull
- Favorite Film : Men of Honor, perhaps? Not much of a film guy.
- Favorite Music : Sufi, Country
- Favorite Gadget : Motorcycles
- Last holiday : Hampi, a world heritage site