CEO INTERVIEW X0PA.AI
New Success Stories - Asia
CEO Interviews - Exclusive for HR Digital Today with market leading HR Tech pioneers - X0PA.AI
Nina Alag Suri, Founder/CEO of X0PA.AI
Don’t we all know the signs of a colleague who might have the intention of leaving the company.
Even on dress down day she would be dressed immaculately and, coincidentally of course, fade away for a longer than usual lunch.
But she still comes back with a takeaway as the lunch period was spent speaking with a recruiter.
Flight risk is massive for companies and often one is caught unguarded until the white enveloped is slided across the table.
With predictive attrition analytics by X0PA, you won’t be the last to know anymore.
1. Please share with us briefly what you do.
I'm the Founder and CEO of X0PA. An electronics engineer, I was born and brought up in India and have lived and worked in 7 countries.
2. What were you doing before this?
For the last 3½ years, I've led the R&D for X0PA alongside Dr. Jussi Keppo, Co-Director of Business Analytics Centre at the National University of Singapore. In addition, until very recently I was the CEO of Nastrac, an executive search firm which I founded 21 years ago and where I am now Chairwoman.
3. In one sentence, how would you describe what your product does?
X0PA is a talent management platform that uses Artificial Intelligence to predict and rectify talent issues such as attrition, loyalty, performance, hiring to name a few.
4. How did the idea for your business come about?
Through the 21 years of me running an executive search firm I saw a lot of areas with potential of disruption through power of predictive analytics. Areas of retaining key employees, predicting a resignation before it comes to the manager’s desk, hiring ideally matching candidates so that both the employee and the employer stay happy and other such areas
5. How does it work?
We process company data and big data through X0PA's algorithmic platform to create insights and predictions across the entire spectrum of HR .
The additional knowledge provided assists organisations with their employee satisfaction initiatives in areas such as attrition, engagement, D&I analysis, effectiveness of L&D programmes and loyalty.
For example, our platform can predict which employees are in danger of leaving within the next twelve months, allowing for HR Heads and Line Managers to have an 'Early Warning System' for potential flight risks.
We have also developed an automated hiring solution which massively reduces the time taken in the hiring process.
Once a JD is uploaded, no further action is needed on the hirer side until the top 5 shortlisted candidates (or however many have been request) are invited for a physical meeting.
Between those two points, RoboRoy includes X0PA screening, psychometric testing, facial video analytics and gamification (if required).
6. What are the key benefits that your product brings?
Hugely reduced costs and massive time-saving. For example, when an employee quits, studies have shown that individual attrition costs alone can be more than 213% of their salary.
By helping line managers and HR leaders have more information as to who their flight risks might be, preventative measures can be taken.
Similarly, we help companies assess the success-rate of their internal programmes and initiatives such as learning and development, engagement, and diversity and inclusion.
7. Who are your closest competitors?
Aside from the major US players, I would say that Pulsifi are probably the only ones close to doing similar work to X0PA.
8. Who is your first customer and how did that happen?
Our first customer was a locally-based financial house. During last year's SWITCH (Singapore Week of Innovation and Technology) we gained a lot of exposure during the Slingshot SG Start-up competition and through this and our team's own network, the customer reached out to us for help in tackling their high attrition rate.
9. What were they using before this, and why did they switch?
Like many of our customers since, this was their first experience of workforce analytics and how X0PA could supercharge their employee satisfaction journey..
10. How do you price your product?
Prices start at just SGD1,800 per month, which when you consider the cost of losing just one employee in a year could run to the hundreds of thousands, is very good value indeed.
11. What’s your business focus for this year?
Getting our message out there and building our customer base.
12. What is your favourite failure (and what did you learn from it)
We did a Proof of concept for a company who wanted us to predict the retrospective attrition.
This is directly opposing to the concept of predictive analytics and needless to say it bombed!
So we learnt stay with our capabilities, work on our strengths and not over commit!
13. What’s one productivity hack you would recommend to everyone?
Automation!! We are in this wonderful time of history and have tools available to us so automate as much as you can!
My favourite tools are Microsoft 365 tools, Trello, I love the new Nokia pure google phone which syncs directly with all my google accounts and creates one seamless platform and my wonderful AI personal assistant Evie!
14. Where can people find out more about your product offerings and you online?
More about Nina
- Born In India
- Marital status Married, with 2 wonderful kids 24 and 21
- School – Back in Pune in India and then Engineering in Pune too
- First job- Management Trainee at Binatone in india , a TV manufacturer. Back then TVs were the most sophisticated Electronics device!
- Favourite book- I don’t have any favourite honestly, my kindle always has 3 books downloaded at any time! The current one if Fire and Fury!
- Favourite Film- The Godfather
- Favourite Music- from Light hearted Pop of Ed Sheeran to deep Jazz of Nina Simone
- Favourite Gadget- My new Nokia N8
- Last holiday- Morocco