CEO INTERVIEW MINGHOLDINGS
New Success Stories - Asia
CEO Interviews - exclusive for HR Digital Today with market leading HR Tech pioneers - MingHoldings
Chandra Ming, CEO of Mingholdings
From starting and leading JobsDB to the number one job board in Indonesia, to starting his own company out of job search frustration, Chandra’s life is certainly a rollercoaster journey.
It led him to infuse simplicity into what he knows best and allow companies to go back to fundamentals in their attempt to recruit the best people for their company.
We speak with CEO Chandra Ming to find out more...
1. Please share with us briefly what you do.
Building HR Tech companies under MINGHOLDINGS.
I use technology to connect employers and job seekers, providing them distinct business units that suit HR functions, such as executive search, recruitment system, and job portal.
These two different HR functions are handled separately within our business units, namely Arcigee and Karirpad.
2. What were you doing before this?
3. In one sentence, how would you describe what your product does?
We match job seekers with employers
4. How did the idea for your business come about?
I found a difficulty on getting a job for myself and when i ask my friends, they also faced the same situation, while in other hand the employer also quite difficult in getting the right candidate
5. How does it work?
I build a simple job board that contain the most job ads for job seekers & a simple recruitment tools for employers to recruit their best talent
6. What are the key benefits that your product brings?
Simple tools with the most job ads and the most job seekers
7. Who are your closest competitors?
My previous companies & LinkedIn
8. Who is your first customer and how did that happen?
Mandiri Tunas Finance, they already purchase a very sophisticated recruitment system by spending a lot of money but can’t use it at all, till they find our products which is more simple with much lower price, but it’s useful and can fulfill almost all of their recruitment needs all around Indonesia.
9. What were they using before this, and why did they switch?
One of the biggest ATS provider from US, they switch as described above
10. How do you price your product?
It should be low cost so that it's affordable for everyone
11. What’s your business focus for this year?
Building a strong product for next 5 years journey
12. What’s one productivity tip/app/tool you can't live without?
If you are talking about what I use in order to reach a better productivity with my team, it's probably a Google Calendar.
13. Where can people find out more about your product offerings and you online?
Karirpad.com (Product) & LinkedIn (myself)
14. Rapid fire questions:
1. Born - October 20th, 1976
2. Marital status - Married with 2 children
3. School - Bina Nusantara University
4. First job - Office Boy
5. Favorite book - Bible
6. Favorite Film - Cast Away (Tom Hank)
7. Favorite Music - Any easy listening music
8. Favorite Gadget - Samsung C90 Pro
9. Last holiday - UK