CEO INTERVIEW - AskSteve.sg
New Success Stories - Asia
CEO Interviews - exclusive for HR Digital Today with market leading HR Tech pioneers - AskSteve.sg
Co-Founder/CEO Ashwin Tiwari - AskSteve.sg
Steve.sg, a Singapore-based artificial intelligence (AI) startup has launched a “hyper-personalized” jobs marketplace to solve global job woes, starting with Singapore.
The marketplace connects people to jobs through a personalised and inspiring way by leveraging machine learning and financial market dynamics.
The marketplace is designed as a jobs coach for job seekers and jobs assistant for businesses, tapping into today’s appetite for instantaneous personalised feedback.
I get to speak with Founder Ashwin Tiwari to learn more about Steve and how it all began.
1. Please share with us briefly what you do.
I’m the co-founder and ceo of asksteve.sg
2. What were you doing before this?
I was at linkedin, pitching its benefits to blue chips across APAC.
3. In one sentence, how would you describe what your product does?
We’ve made job search as easy as chat, hiring as easy as pushing a button.
4. How did the idea for your business come about?
Complaints from my clients at LinkedIn and my time on the trading floor at ICAP.
5. How does it work?
Chat to get a job; push a button to hire.
It’s really that simple; Steve leverages NLP, market dynamics and plain common sense to do all the heavy lifting so counter parties can focus on interviews.
6. What are the key benefits that your product brings?
For job seekers, hassle free job search that coaches them to success.
For employers, an assistant who not only reduces time and cost per hire but shaves hours off their weekly admin as well.
7. Who are your closest competitors?
We’re freshest on the scene, the landscape spans from incumbents like JobStreet, the locally well distributed FastJobs and early movers Grabjobs. We’re in this for the long haul.
8. Who is your first customer and how did that happen?
Ben&Jerry’s , it was a close friend
9. What were they using before this, and why did they switch?
Jobstreet, walk-ins and everything else. They switched because it was simply not working and Steve promised a solution and delivered.
10. How do you price your product?
We charge a salary linked fee only if the candidates the companies themselves invited, show up for interviews.
11. What’s your business focus for this year?
Making customers successful. This year and every year.
12. What’s one productivity tip/app/tool you can't live without?
My productivity tool is WhatsApp.
13. Where can people find out more about your product offerings and you online?
Need more info? Need a job? Or Need to hire? AskSteve.sg !
Marital status: Engaged
School:Victorian soul, cognitively SMU.
First job: Management Consulting at KPMG
Favorite book: I moved your cheese - Deepak Malhotra
Favorite Film:Forest Gump
Favorite Music:Coldplay Clocks
Favorite Gadget:My new robot sweeper bought on AliExpress. Does an incredible job picking up my dogs fur.
Last holiday:Mexico in Feb 2016